Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog mating

1. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

dog mating

Advertisements
    my mom has two german shepards. One is my aunts (the girl). Neither are fixed and the girl is in heat. They are letting them do their thing so they can sell the puppies because they are purebread.

Well they are still figuring things out but every few minutes they go at it and try. The turtle comes out of the shell and its a few minutes and a lot of panting. Its starting to annoy me.

BUt it is funny that whenever Minn (g) walks by Bruno (b) then Bruno gets up to go for her.

Last time she was in heat she wanted nothing to do with him and this time she doesn't even care. ITs funny
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Breeding is a tricky thing...

Did they have their hips and eyes checked and certified? ESPICALLY in the shepard line they are so prone to arthritus and hip issues...

I hope they have a good breeding...
  3. Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

i am not sure I didn't ask.
  4. Senior Member
    Backyard breeders.....
  5. Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

they are my families dogs and are not passing them off with papers or to pet stores
  6. Senior Member
    Sezzysue...we know they are your families dogs, but the truth is they are BYB's and really should not be breeding dogs. I don't want to rag on you about this but there are some serious questions they should be asking themselves before they breed.

Sounds to me like they think they can make some money off the pups...no money will be made on poorly bred dogs. Do they fully understand what they are getting into just letting nature take it's course? Have they tested the dogs for genetic diseases? Eyes and Hips?

Are they fully prepared for all the expenses that welping a litter entails? Are they ready to make the commitment to having the mom checked on a regular basis, possible emergencies that could arise, C-section, dead babies, babies that are pushed off by mom. Are they prepared to bottle feed every few hours if mom decides she does not want to nurse? Are they prepared for puppies in the house for 8+ weeks, the food, the vet care, the shots? What happens to the puppies they don't sell?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Sezzysue...we know they are your families dogs, but the truth is they are BYB's and really should not be breeding dogs. I don't want to rag on you about this but there are some serious questions they should be asking themselves before they breed.

Sounds to me like they think they can make some money off the pups...no money will be made on poorly bred dogs. Do they fully understand what they are getting into just letting nature take it's course? Have they tested the dogs for genetic diseases? Eyes and Hips?

Are they fully prepared for all the expenses that welping a litter entails? Are they ready to make the commitment to having the mom checked on a regular basis, possible emergencies that could arise, C-section, dead babies, babies that are pushed off by mom. Are they prepared to bottle feed every few hours if mom decides she does not want to nurse? Are they prepared for puppies in the house for 8+ weeks, the food, the vet care, the shots? What happens to the puppies they don't sell?
    I couldnt have said it better...

My problem is that people just breed, and they dont OFA their dogs...If they sell someone a puppy that gets displayasia, its going to be costly to your family.

There is so much that goes into it, not just doggy dirty deeds...
  8. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    she isn't the one who is doing the breeding so I dont think she deserves to have the "lesson" on rights and wrongs of breedings. It's not her problem to deal with and I am sure she understands about it.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Her post gave off its a funny thing kinda tone, and breeding and dogs just having sex isnt funny, thats why I said I what I did. I know she isnt doing it.
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post

Well said
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast