Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: WTH....

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question WTH....

Advertisements
    dd just went to scoop out some dog food for Bruce. We keep his food in a plastic bin. Anyway she brought it over for me to look at it and there were some pieces that actually looked moldy...and there was black powdery type stuff in it as well......I didn't know dry dog food would get this way?? Has anyone else every experienced this?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

wow-no , we keep ours in a plastic bin too BUT, I am sure to stir the food every few days so that sort of thing doesn't happen-Good luck Jessica
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I noticed that when pieces fall behind Eddie's plastic dog food bin. It's dry, but it's food and mold attaches quickly.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ok, so it is something that just happened then because... well it got a little old and moldy...I was worried for a minute there that maybe it came that way with all the scary pet food stuff going on. Thankfully I just bought another bag of dog food yestereday. Maybe I should think about buying the smaller bags since it takes a while for him to go through such a large bag.
  5. Senior Member
    Yes, it has happened to me with a few different brands. Specifically, when it got caught in the grooves along the bottom of the container. So, more than likely it didn't come that way. If you live anywhere with higher humidity, or the container is somewhere that it gets humid (fridge, sinks, toilets, washing machines, etc), then that speeds the process along.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA. View Post
    Yes, it has happened to me with a few different brands. Specifically, when it got caught in the grooves along the bottom of the container. So, more than likely it didn't come that way. If you live anywhere with higher humidity, or the container is somewhere that it gets humid (fridge, sinks, toilets, washing machines, etc), then that speeds the process along.
    Great to know! It has been a bit extra hot and humid here lately, so that explains alot. I am just glad we saw it before feeding it to him