Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a dog question

1. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Sad I have a dog question

Advertisements
    This past week Khloe has been randomly gagging and it's usually at night when they are laying down sleeping. She just gags a little bit then goes back to sleep and it happens anywhere from 4 - 8 times randoming throughout the night. She is going to the vet for a visit on tuesday. Should I try to get her in sooner? Does this sound like something to be alarmed about?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    cosby does that sort of but it's a reverse sneeze sounding thing. she could just have allergies. since you already have an appt i'd just wait, or you can call the vet and ask if it's something to be concerned about
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    cosby does that sort of but it's a reverse sneeze sounding thing. she could just have allergies. since you already have an appt i'd just wait, or you can call the vet and ask if it's something to be concerned about

It almost sounds like she is kind of trying to hock (i have no idea how to spell that) something up and gags. She only does it for a few seconds each time and like I said.. it random. Is that what Cosby does? Other than that she's acting normal.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    It almost sounds like she is kind of trying to hock (i have no idea how to spell that) something up and gags. She only does it for a few seconds each time and like I said.. it random. Is that what Cosby does? Other than that she's acting normal.
    his is more of a snorting/cough thing. has she been licking her fur alot lately? if that's the case maybe trim her waaaaaaaaaaaay down
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

his is more of a snorting/cough thing. has she been licking her fur alot lately? if that's the case maybe trim her waaaaaaaaaaaay down
    She licks/bites at herself a bit.... she has a cairn coat though and its not very long at all.
  6. Senior Member
    Abbie(our Yorkie) will randomly gag/cough up nothing. I always think she's going to puke, but rarely does. It's been a common thing for years now. She doesn't do it too often, but she does it.
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by amandalaine View Post
    Abbie(our Yorkie) will randomly gag/cough up nothing. I always think she's going to puke, but rarely does. It's been a common thing for years now. She doesn't do it too often, but she does it.

Nothing ever comes up when Khloe does it. It's only at night... that's why I am confused. I would think that if there was something really wrong with her that she'd do it more than just when she was sleeping... but I have no idea. heh.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    She licks/bites at herself a bit.... she has a cairn coat though and its not very long at all.
    i'd just mention it at the vet and see what they say. if it's only at night maybe she's got a little hair ball or something building up in there that is aggravated when she lays down
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

i'd just mention it at the vet and see what they say. if it's only at night maybe she's got a little hair ball or something building up in there that is aggravated when she lays down
    I'm hoping it's something like that.

You dont think I should really worry too much since its not all the time right?

I get so worried they are my babies.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm hoping it's something like that.

You dont think I should really worry too much since its not all the time right?

I get so worried they are my babies.
    i really wouldn't worry since you have an appt so soon. if it increases in frequency or she has problems breathing then i'd take her in asap.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast