Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Test Run" Doggie

1. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go

Smile "Test Run" Doggie

Advertisements
    So my DD wants a dog, REALLY REALLY bad. Well considering were moving half way across the country to an unknown land, I dont wanna jump right into having a dog and having to move one with us if there isnt a need.

BUT, one of my Mom's patients has this dog, and shes really sweet. So we brought her home for the weekend to see how DD does with a dog. Shes doing good, I guess the best that can be expected from a 5 year old. She does keep putting her leash on and running her around the house

DF talked to her about the responsibilities, as did I. So were looking at German Shepards. We wont get one until we get settled up in Mass. But were looking. This dos is pretty sweet, just not "my" kind of dog. I like them bigger. Her name is Katie and shes a Peek-a-poo.

Anyway, Just thought I would share the expirience were having. My DD is on Its going to be sad tommorow when she has to go home. DD doesnt say goodbye well. But she knew form the get-go it wasnt permanent... For now anyway....

We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  2. every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite
    every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite
    good luck hon! I have a friend who has 5 German Shepards. She uses them as therapy dogs.
    We need a miracle!

gofund.me/hcjj54

3. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I think a "test run" is a great idea. It will give her an idea of what it will be like to have one of her own. And I looooove German Shepherds! I grew up with them and have had them since I've been on my own.
  4. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I think that's a great idea!!! She'll learn that everyday she has to take care of the dog and do certain things! Pets are a great way to teach kids responsibility at a very young age!!!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    test runs are great ideas. that way she can see that having a dog isn't always fun and games.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Shes realizing this, but shes really pretty good. She just doesnt understand the dog cant go outside ALL the time. None the less, she passed her test *I* think. So im going to look more into the German Shepard. Thats what DF wants, I would rather have a Pit-bull or a lab. BUT I can compromise with a Shepard. So long as we get it as a baby, and raise it right.

7. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I had a friend who got a puppy and both her kids loved having the puppy. After a couple weeks though they didn't take as good care of it and kinda lost interest. So it might take longer than a weekend to see how she will do. I'm sure she will be fine but just remember that after a point the dog might be mostly your responsibility.
  8. Senior Member
    what a great dog for kids! I worked in a pet store, and I was showing a family with a new baby (well, 6 mo old) this adorable German Shepard and when he went up to the baby he went down as low to the ground as he could, crawled up to him, and started gently licking his hand! I about died right then..needless to say they bought it and LOVE him to pieces. They are so smart too. A very good breed.

9. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    I had a friend who got a puppy and both her kids loved having the puppy. After a couple weeks though they didn't take as good care of it and kinda lost interest. So it might take longer than a weekend to see how she will do. I'm sure she will be fine but just remember that after a point the dog might be mostly your responsibility.
    I do realize that, and its going to be our whole family's dog. A new addition, to a new family She will just have a few "chores" to do with him/her. My future DSS will be living with us, so he can take some responibility as well. Plus DF and I think it will be a good way to bring our children together.

10. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by tifflovezyou View Post
    I do realize that, and its going to be our whole family's dog. A new addition, to a new family She will just have a few "chores" to do with him/her. My future DSS will be living with us, so he can take some responibility as well. Plus DF and I think it will be a good way to bring our children together.
    I agree with you and I think it's a great way to bring everyone together. Plus it helps make her responsible for something and that is always good. Make one of her chores to go play with the dog too lol. Have fun with having a new puppy and don't forget to take pictures when you have everything done.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast