Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huskies?

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Huskies?

Advertisements
    I really want one. Hoping to get one when SO gets back. He wants a dog. I think they're so cute! Anyone own one?
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I have never owned one, but I've looked into what kind of dogs I'd like and such. Do some research on huskies before jumping in, they're bred to be working dogs who like cold, so make sure they're the breed for you. I've read that they can be stubborn and frustrating. GORGEOUS dogs though
  3. Senior Member
    they can be pretty vindictive too! I heard a story from a customer (when I worked at a pet store) who had one, he was potty training his and when he smacked his hiney for peeing on the carpet, the husky later went (right in front of his owner) and peed in his boot..not on, but IN...I thought it so hilarious! Shows you how smart they are too.

4. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    They're also runners and climbers.

They're very high strung. It takes a while to train them. And yes, they are vindictive. If you make them mad, they will pee on your floor while looking right at you.

Our husky is turning 10 in November.
  5. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    No, but that is dh and I's future baby . We one day want to have a Husky all of our own
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    www.dogbreedinfo.com

also remember huskies don't do well with extreme temps
  7. eeyore_adw
    We want a husky too, but never have had one. You may also be interested in an Alaskan Malamute, my granny had one and she was a wonderful dog and they look similiar to the husky.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    malmutes are soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.
  9. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    I grew up with huskies! My ggpa used to breed them for dog shows. They are gorgeous dogs! And we never never never had any temperment problems with ours. But we also got them from my ggpa who bred high quality show huskies if maybe their temperment was breed into them or what. But they were sweet!! Frostie we got when I was 3 and he became my protector instantly! He was a retired showdog that my ggpa had breed several times so he was pretty old when we got him. But he was my pillow and my best friend. We have video of me when I was little laying on top of him as if he was my pillow and Hayley we got when my sister was 2. She was rambunctious and spoiled rotten! She acted like the princess and was not so nice to frosty (who was her ggpa) But she was still sweet! The only problem i remember we had with her was the digging and she was a master escape artist! Other than that, they were awesome awesome dogs! That is the dog me and Toby plan on getting once we are done having babies becuase having their hair shedding soooooo bad like it does around a crawling baby is not so much fun

Oh and as far as the extreme heat goes. We live in San Diego and thats where the dogs were all breed, so I think it depends on your area and where the breeder is. Our dogs did great in the san diego sun!
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've read a lot about them, and I've worked with them before. I want one so bad, but it's so mean to get one in a hot climate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast