Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So much for my deposit

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

So much for my deposit

Advertisements
    Well my cute litte fuzzy butt Dori has her self a not so cute bad habit She has been chewing up my carpet and I cant find anyway to maker her stop I've tried making loud noises, shooing her away, I've bought the yucky tasting spray and put it on my carpet and nothing! I now have two nice BIG holes in my carpet where all the threads have been pulled out. Little miss has been put on a timeout for today , but now everytime I let her out I have to keep an eye on her 24/7. OY there must be a solution to this. So much for my rental deposit
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Keep her in her area if she cant and wont stop, that way she wont go for your furniture next!
  3. Senior Member
    You can repair the little areas. Cut some small pieces from the back corners of your bedroom closets were they won't be noticed and glue them in the places she chewed. Keep her out of carpeted areas and give her LOTS of wooden chew toys and things to play with.
  4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Yea, the problem is my entire apt is carpeted, LOL. And I can't just leave her in her cage all day, I have to let her out to play. I"m just trying to block the areas now where she likes to hide and chew the carpet, so at least I can see her easily in the open spaces. She has a lot of toys to play with, but she likes my carpet the best, LOL.

I actually though about the gluing the strands back on trick, but I'm not sure how I would do that? Do I just put glue all on the bottom and put all the strands on top?
  5. Senior Member
    I don't think you can glue the strands, you need to cut a piece of carpet the same size as the hole she chewed and glue the carpet onto the floor in the hole.
  6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Ohhhhh, I get what you are saying, good idea!
  7. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    It must be an animal thing. Both of my piggies like my carpet, too. Thankfully, you can't see the damage they do!

We got them a chicken wire fence that closes and turns into a big play area. So, when they come out and play at night, we put down a few layers of towels. They can chew those up all they want and they leave my carpet alone!

8. Senior Member
    Can you get her a rug or something to chew on? lol
  9. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes bunnies and their chewing habits, have you googled up any solutions? Either that or you could get one of those little pens that allow them to run around but keep them in one area so that she can't hop behind things and chew in secret
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't know if it would work for bunnies but for dogs cheyenne pepper works, sprinkled on the area that they like to chew.
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl