Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Labs

1. Senior Member

Black Labs

Advertisements
    Ok tell me the real honest dont hold back honest good and bads of black labs. DH wants one. We have the room for one and he is shore duty for 4 years and this work is actually following a real working scheduled that he's home at a certain time every single night so we could get another dog and be good to go. I just want to know everything about them to be prepared before we decide. so PLEASE HELP!!
  2. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    OMG I use to raise Chocolate Labs, FABULOUS animals! I LOVE them! I have nothing bad to say about them except they are more likley to get hip displagia (sp?) They make wonderful pets, I recommend them 100%

We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  3. eeyore_adw
    I love labs......I have one..see my siggie.....she is so smart and lovable and great with kids... very loyal and protective(while hubby is deployed) over me,, but not like aggressive like attacking just like barking to alert and such... she is definitely a big baby....... oh i just love her so much....I have nothing bad to say at all...and I haven't really heard anything bad either....
  4. Senior Member
    Kara and I had a golden retriever that was a total ditzy blonde but sweet.. typical retriever lol My parents have her now and they had another golden before her... weird thing is that dogs name was Sandy and our new next door neighbors dogs name is Sandy and she's a golden! But DH had a black lab guide dog that they trained.. now his parents bought another black lab so now he wants one again. I would be happy with a goofy golden. Or maybe a yellow or chocolate lab, I've heard theyre smarter.. dont know how true that is.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore_adw View Post
    I love labs......I have one..see my siggie.....she is so smart and lovable and great with kids... very loyal and protective(while hubby is deployed) over me,, but not like aggressive like attacking just like barking to alert and such... she is definitely a big baby....... oh i just love her so much....I have nothing bad to say at all...and I haven't really heard anything bad either....
    I'm not sure I like the barking part. Belle does NOT bark, I can count on one hand in the 10 months we've owned her the times shes barked and once was today b/c she was afraid of something in the backyard at night.
  6. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    My labs were VERY smart and reliable, except they liked to swim SOO they would take off to the lake everyday. But their good animals, and their loyal to know end. If your looking for a new best friend, I would suggest a lab!

7. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Quote Originally Posted by lckychrmzz View Post
    I'm not sure I like the barking part. Belle does NOT bark, I can count on one hand in the 10 months we've owned her the times shes barked and once was today b/c she was afraid of something in the backyard at night.
    My labs didnt bark out of the ordinary....

8. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    We've always had labs and they have always been really smart and very kind and loving and loyal. I think they are one of the best family dogs you can get!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    LOTS OF EXCERSIZE anddddddddddddddddddddddd sometimes they dont get out of the puppy stage for years.
  10. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    We had one for 14 years and he was a good dog but he loved to bark and they stay puppies for so long lol He was 8 and still acting like a puppy lol The one bad thing about him was that they are used a lot for hunting and he would chase and kill any small little furry thing that would run away from him. He did ok with the cats but before my mom moved where she is now he killed the neighbors chickens and tried to attack their cows lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast