Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Homemade dog treats?

1. Regular Member

Homemade dog treats?

Advertisements
    Hey guys!
    Has anyone made their own down treats? Mu dog loves these iced cookies that my groomer sells but they are like $3 a cookie. I would much rather just make them myself. I looked on pinterest but there are just too many options and I don't know exactly what I should and shouldn't give my dog. We normal just stray from any human food. If someone has a recipe they use that would be awesome!
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I used to make my own and it was a super simple recipe - I think it was just with flour, peanut butter, and eggs. I found this list of super easy recipes too - https://www.puppyleaks.com/simple-dog-treat-recipes/

I don't make them anymore, my crew gets baby carrots for treats and they love them!
    ~Becca~

3. Regular Member
    I have heard of people giving their dogs carrots! I never tried it. Maybe I should give that a try too! Thanks
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes, very easy. We have a little dog treat baking cook book. most are very simple and quick
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    I used a recipe with whole wheat flour, peanut butter, and egg as well. And my dog loves them, I worry about the egg though (even though they are baked) so I keep them in the fridge and use within a quick amount of time. I also give baby carrots as treats (at the vet's recommendation). They are super easy and healthy. The only down side is literally every time I open the fridge she rushes over for a carrot.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    I used a recipe with whole wheat flour, peanut butter, and egg as well. And my dog loves them, I worry about the egg though (even though they are baked) so I keep them in the fridge and use within a quick amount of time. I also give baby carrots as treats (at the vet's recommendation). They are super easy and healthy. The only down side is literally every time I open the fridge she rushes over for a carrot.
    Okay. I might try to find a recipe without egg. I would be kind of worried about it too. But I will definitely grab some carrots when I'm at the store today.
  7. Senior Member
    I've made the treats with peanut butter, flour, and egg and I've also made an alternate with honey instead of eggs and some oats. My dogs loved them. If you go the honey route be sure to buy real honey, not "honey sauce" or whatever else they call the kinds with tons of additional ingredients. If you make them with honey you should also limit the amount of treats your dog eats since honey is fine for them as long as they're not having large quantities.
  8. Senior Member
    I make my dog treats with peanut butter and yogurt and put them in an ice tray and freeze them. He LOVES them