Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dog health question

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Dog health question

Advertisements
    My pup has a small scab where one of her whiskers comes out. I wouldn't generally be concerned by this, but the thing is that she had a scab in the *exact* same place about three or four months ago. It fell off and went away and I didn't think about until this morning when she had another one. She did play with her brother a lot yesterday, and may have gotten a little puncture, but what is the chance of it happening in the exact same place? We think she's eight (we adopted her when she was estimated to be one, so she could be a bit older or younger) and she's always been healthy. She's acting normal but I'm being the worried mom and jumping to cancer. We're on vacation this week, but I'm wondering if I should take her to the vet next week or if I'm just freaked out over a scab So...any insight? I'm pointing at it in the picture.

PS: I'm not grabbing her head as hard it as it looks, I was gently keeping her from turning away from the camera (she hates pictures).

2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Look at that sweet face!

I would probably take her in when I got home too if it's still there. It might not be anything. My dog Danny (who looked very similar to your sweet girl) had little "skin tags" that kinda looks like those on his face as he got older. They never bothered him, but trust and believe the first time one popped up, I did the fur-mom freakout cancer dance (I say that with love) and took him in.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. Senior Member
    Have you noticed her scratching there or pawing at her face?

4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Look at that sweet face!

I would probably take her in when I got home too if it's still there. It might not be anything. My dog Danny (who looked very similar to your sweet girl) had little "skin tags" that kinda looks like those on his face as he got older. They never bothered him, but trust and believe the first time one popped up, I did the fur-mom freakout cancer dance (I say that with love) and took him in.
    They do have a resemblance! It fell off within the day and looks normal again so I'm not sure. And I took the comment with love. I'm a worrier when it comes to dogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Have you noticed her scratching there or pawing at her face?
    She didn't scratch or anything, she seemed to be completely oblivious to it and then it fell off so, I'm going to watch her and if it comes back again I'll take her in immediately.

Sorry I took so long getting back, I appreciate the responses!