Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a lump

1. Senior Member

Found a lump

Advertisements
    I found a lump on the right side of Simon's throat/under his jaw. Obviously I know much can't be done until its tested, but I am thinking the worst here. Any chance it could be something other than cancer? He's about 8, a golden doodle, so far I haven't noticed any changes in his eating habits, no weight loss and he is his usual spunky self.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  2. Senior Member
    Maybe it's just a fatty tumor! Our Dobie that we rescued has them, vet says they pop up when dogs get older sometimes. He also said he says them mainly in larger breeds. Best wishes for him!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Maybe it's just a fatty tumor! Our Dobie that we rescued has them, vet says they pop up when dogs get older sometimes. He also said he says them mainly in larger breeds. Best wishes for him!
    I hope so!!! Awww thank you so much! He def is a big boy!

I also forgot to add that a few weeks ago he had a little bump on his lip, the vet said it was because it wasn't draining properly, its on the same side, that seems to have cleared up so IDK if it has to do with the lump.
  4. Senior Member
    Is the lump squishy or hard? Either way, definitely still see a vet. My Lab has a squishy noncancerous fatty lump the size of a large grape on his belly. The vet tested it and told us he would be fine, and that was around 4 years ago.

I hope your pooch is okay!

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Is the lump squishy or hard? Either way, definitely still see a vet. My Lab has a squishy noncancerous fatty lump the size of a large grape on his belly. The vet tested it and told us he would be fine, and that was around 4 years ago.

I hope your pooch is okay!
    Its hard , awww glad you pup is ok! so much! I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best!
  6. Senior Member
    Since he's 8 I would say there is more than likely nothing wrong. When my golden retriever was about 8 he started getting lumps all over. Face, mouth, chest. I was very concerned with the first few, but the vet has told me it is very common for dogs to develop cysts, skin tags, and non cancerous tumors as they age, especially in large breeds.

If you are too worried I would just get it checked out.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Could be a benign mass, could be a cancerous mass or an infected or cancerous lymph node. Def have it checked out
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Its hard , awww glad you pup is ok! so much! I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best!

Sending good vibes your way
    I hope it's just nothing!

9. Senior Member
    Crossing my fingers that it's a fatty tumor, or something else not serious!

Unfortunately when my family mini beagle was 8 she had a lump around her neck and very quickly more started showing up. We took her to the vet and they did a test and by the time it came back it looked like her neck was severely swollen. She had lymphoma. My dad was absolutely heart broken and I can still hear him saying "I killed my baby" after the vet put her down. It was the worst experience.

Sending and good vibes!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Since he's 8 I would say there is more than likely nothing wrong. When my golden retriever was about 8 he started getting lumps all over. Face, mouth, chest. I was very concerned with the first few, but the vet has told me it is very common for dogs to develop cysts, skin tags, and non cancerous tumors as they age, especially in large breeds.

If you are too worried I would just get it checked out.
    awwww I hope! Golden retrievers are the best! , yes we are seeing the vet on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Could be a benign mass, could be a cancerous mass or an infected or cancerous lymph node. Def have it checked out
    Thank you! I def will have it checked out. I am also noticing (gross I know sorry! ) some green snot in his right nostril. It all seems to be on the right side, not sure if its all connected or not but will find out Thurs!

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

Sending good vibes your way
    I hope it's just nothing!
    Thank you so much! I'm so paranoid about everything he does now! Every move he makes I'm like "you ok Simy?!?" Poor boys so annoyed with me!
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Crossing my fingers that it's a fatty tumor, or something else not serious!

Unfortunately when my family mini beagle was 8 she had a lump around her neck and very quickly more started showing up. We took her to the vet and they did a test and by the time it came back it looked like her neck was severely swollen. She had lymphoma. My dad was absolutely heart broken and I can still hear him saying "I killed my baby" after the vet put her down. It was the worst experience.

Sending and good vibes!
    Awwww thats so sad! So sorry!

Yess and this is nothing too serious!

everyone!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast