Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Addition!

1. Senior Member

New Addition!

Advertisements
    This weekend DH and I went to an adoption event at a nearby shelter, we were put in a room filled with small dogs to find one we liked, almost every dog was going around to all of the different groups on the room except for little Tatum who decided to lie off to the side away from everyone. Something changed his mind after about tern minutes and he bounded across the room to me wanting to be held. DH and I fell in love with him, but wanted time to think. Half an hour into our drive home we turned around and went back to sign the adoption papers.

We weren't able to bring him home immediately since he will have to wait until Tuesdsy to be neutered, microchipped, and given his basic shots, so we're getting everything at home ready for him.

I am so happy about this dog and really think it will help me with the depression and anxiety I have been experiencing in the past month.

We're pretty sure that the name Tatum will stick (though I like it spelled Taitum) ,but any ideas on names??

2. Senior Member
    Awwww he is adorable and I love that you guys adopted him!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Senior Member
    Oh what a cutie! Congrats on your new addition!
  4. Senior Member

CUTE!!! I like Tatum but not spelled that way, makes me think of another word.
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

we got our 8ish year-old girl in the FL panhandle from a shelter when she was 1ish. She looks a lot like your boy! Dogs are awesome. Congrats!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Awwww he is adorable and I love that you guys adopted him!
    Yes! We really liked the idea of rescuing a dog and it also saved us a TON of money.

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Oh what a cutie! Congrats on your new addition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    CUTE!!! I like Tatum but not spelled that way, makes me think of another word.
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    we got our 8ish year-old girl in the FL panhandle from a shelter when she was 1ish. She looks a lot like your boy! Dogs are awesome. Congrats!
    Thank you all, I'm super excited to bring him home
  7. Senior Member
    Nice you adopted a dog in need from a shelter.

I am just amazed they had a number of unaltered dogs who had not had shots all in a room together with a number of people. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
  8. Senior Member
    Adorable, congrats on your newest addition!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Nice you adopted a dog in need from a shelter.

I am just amazed they had a number of unaltered dogs who had not had shots all in a room together with a number of people. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
    At most kill shelters the dogs aren't given shots or any non emergency medical attention until they are adopted. They are usually in their own kennels, but were put in one room together for the event and there were three staff members watching the seven dogs. There was very little chance of anything happening.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    At most kill shelters the dogs aren't given shots or any non emergency medical attention until they are adopted. They are usually in their own kennels, but were put in one room together for the event and there were three staff members watching the seven dogs. There was very little chance of anything happening.
    I have also seen this at high kill shelters in the south. The shelter I almost adopted from in SC, wouldn't waste resources on dogs until they knew they were going to be adopted. When they went to fix the dog I adopted the vet ended up putting her down on the table because she had so many tumors. All of the vet services were volunteered at that shelter.

Sabrina- Awesome for adopting, I'm sure he will be your buddy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast