Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My phone and my dog (*DrVinoVet!*)

1. Senior Member

My phone and my dog (*DrVinoVet!*)

Advertisements
    The title probably makes it seem like my dog chewed on my phone, or ate it, but he didn't. Two different situations.

First, my phone. I broke it. Yay me! DH and I were at O'Reilly's today and my phone was on the counter, I went to pick it up and it slipped out of my hand smacking into the side of the other counter and falling face down on the floor. Wouldn't be the first time I've done something like that. I picked it up and it was working fine. I set it down on the counter again and went to put something back on the shelf. When I got back to the counter DH asked me a question that I was going to google on my phone and it would not work.

Tried turning it on and only the LED light works. And it stays lit up. Several hours later and the LED light is still lit up and I turned that off in settings cause I hate that feature. So we go to AT&T and they tell me to call a number and file a warranty claim because they think the LCD tube broke. I got the phone 2 1/2 months ago and pay insurance on it so it's thankfully covered. I call the number and they tell me I can go to a tech support store and walk out with a new one, but out of the 5 stores in my town, none are tech support. So I'm waiting for one in the mail and using one of DH's old phones for now. But it's sprint so I can only use it on wifi, at least DH and I can get ahold of each other during the day though. I really hate typing on it, it's like you have to smack it for it to register that you're touching it! I had the same phone on sprint and dropped that one all the time and it never broke, same case and all! Surprisingly I'm not that mad at myself. DH told me I need a better case. He's right, the one I have is very flimsy rubber.

Second, my damn dog. I was making dinner and DH called me out to the garage. Totally forgetting I just cooked steak and put it on a plate on the counter, I walked out to the garage. Then inside I hear Loui getting into something and rush inside remembering my mistake. You can't leave food around him, he knows it's not for him, but he doesn't care, he'll still take it. To my annoyance I find that not only did he take the steak I cooked, but he also took the raw steak that I was in the middle of packaging up to put in the freezer. He's never taken raw meat like that before so I was shocked and pissed.

DrVinoVet- is my pain in the ass dog going to be ok? I know he can have raw meat, but he's never had it before. Anything I should look out for?

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day!
    Last edited by caljmw649; 07-26-2016 at 12:59 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    I know I'm not Vino, but we just started switching my allergy ridden female to raw and these are things the vet told me. He will probably have some loose stools for a day or so. You could give him some plain canned pumpkin, and make sure he is drinking plenty of water so he doesn't become dehydrated.

Also, Sorry about your phone. That really sucks!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Life was so much easier when the dog just ate the phone!

But, generally, raw meat is not harmful to most healthy dogs.
    Though if you had already salted and seasoned the steak...
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Sorry about the phone! Bad dog though, mine stole like 6 lbs of raw steak of the patio table while it was keeping cold on Christmas a few years ago. Everyone looked outside and she was standing on the table eating it... She visibly had an upset stomach for the rest of the day but made a full recovery. She would do it again if given the chance.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I know I'm not Vino, but we just started switching my allergy ridden female to raw and these are things the vet told me. He will probably have some loose stools for a day or so. You could give him some plain canned pumpkin, and make sure he is drinking plenty of water so he doesn't become dehydrated.

Also, Sorry about your phone. That really sucks!!!
    Good to know, thank you! He hates pumpkin, but if needed he'll eat it mixed into his food
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Life was so much easier when the dog just ate the phone!

But, generally, raw meat is not harmful to most healthy dogs.
    Though if you had already salted and seasoned the steak...
    He actually has chewed on one of my phones before, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again. The raw steak was plain, but the cooked steak was seasoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    Sorry about the phone! Bad dog though, mine stole like 6 lbs of raw steak of the patio table while it was keeping cold on Christmas a few years ago. Everyone looked outside and she was standing on the table eating it... She visibly had an upset stomach for the rest of the day but made a full recovery. She would do it again if given the chance.
    Loui would do it again too if given the chance! Dogs can be such trouble makers. Lucky they're cute!
  6. Senior Member
    Oh boy! Sorry you had a rough day! Im not a vet either but my dog ate a lb of raw chicken cutlets, he had the runs for a bit but nothing too major. Hope your pups ok!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Oh boy! Sorry you had a rough day! Im not a vet either but my dog ate a lb of raw chicken cutlets, he had the runs for a bit but nothing too major. Hope your pups ok!
    I think he's fine. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary so I think we're in the clear
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Sorry! I have been traveling! Raw meat in large quantities may cause GI upset (vomiting and/or diarrhea), but as long as its not on the regular, shouldnt be a big deal Glad your pup is doing ok! Sorry about the phone though.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Sorry! I have been traveling! Raw meat in large quantities may cause GI upset (vomiting and/or diarrhea), but as long as its not on the regular, shouldnt be a big deal Glad your pup is doing ok! Sorry about the phone though.
    That's ok! Thank you, I appreciate the help! He really seems to be fine. Acting his normal self