Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too many or not enough?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Too many or not enough?

Advertisements
    We currently have 2 chihauwas, 3 Maltese and 9 cats.
    Wife and pet-nanny Kelly are trying to rescue a pair of chihauwas.
    A colleuges client just died, and left 5 cats orphaned. I was asked about fostering them.
    One is 16, one is 23 lbs, and ones name is Orange Julius Caeser.

Is there such a thing as too many cats?
    Did we pass that some time ago?
    Isn't it true that you need to maintain a 3 to 1 ratio of cats to dogs?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. Senior Member
    Omg I would die but I am super not a cat person. We had one for a few years that I found, but we were more like roommates than anything else.

Chihuahuas on the other hand? I could have a whole herd of those bad boys roaming around.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Omg I would die but I am super not a cat person. We had one for a few years that I found, but we were more like roommates than anything else.

Chihuahuas on the other hand? I could have a whole herd of those bad boys roaming around.
    Want a few of ours?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    I think that as long as you take care of all of the animals and can maintain a healthy living environment for you and them, then it doesn't matter how many you have. Do you feel as if you could take on more animals and be able to maintain all of them? I think that would be a big factor in whether or not I would take on anymore animals.
  5. Senior Member
    Too many is too many regardless of the number so what's a few more. We only have four dogs at my house but I honestly feel like we could double it and it would barely be noticeable, because it feels like a hundred anyway.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    How do you coordinate moving with all those pets??? We've got one cat (who thinks he's a dog) and even him is a nightmare to move. Though we've done mostly international moves so that probably complicates it a wee bit.
  7. Moderator

We have three dogs and two cats, so not sure about the ratio thing

I would have more of each, if it weren't hard to find a rental. As long as you can properly care for them, all are healthy, you have a good vet, and you can find boarding if you have to leave town, I think it's fine.
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    1 cat is too many.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I think that as long as you take care of all of the animals and can maintain a healthy living environment for you and them, then it doesn't matter how many you have.
    This. One person's limit may be different from another's. As long as they're well taken care of and you can handle it, no one can tell you it's too many. My limit is 4 dogs. I had 5 at one point (mine + fosters) and that was too much, but thankfully that only lasted for a short period. I currently have 3 dogs as I used that 4th spot for a foster dog. But since I quit the rescue, I've been enjoying just having 3 and not being at my limit
    ~Becca~

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jendelion View Post
    1 cat is too many.
    And we are friends why?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast