Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaking out

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

Freaking out

Advertisements
    Took Peeps to the vet today and she has a mass in her mouth, around one of her teeth. The vet said he wants to biopsy it and remove it. He mentioned they can be cancerous but there's no way to know if it is until he gets in there. I'm so scared she has cancer I can't stop thinking about it. He said it could just be a growth in which case they would remove it and possibly extract the tooth if needed. Her surgery isn't until July, so we just have to wait and see what happens.

2. Senior Member
    It could be cancer, and you have to wait until July to find out?? Am I reading that right?
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It could be cancer, and you have to wait until July to find out?? Am I reading that right?
    He only does surgery on Wednesdays, but I'm on the call ahead list for any cancellations. The scheduling person told me people cancel all the time, so she can be moved up probably. The vet also said he suspects it's a histiocytoma, but he didn't want to give me any answers without taking a better look. He said worst case is cancer and best case is just a growth that needs to be removed.

4. Senior Member
    My dog has the same thing and it has gotten HUGE. I took him to our vet and the guy wouldn't even do anything. He said it was a normal growth and continues to say so despite how much it has grown. I do have a pretty shitty vet though so now I really feel like I need to get someone else to look at it...
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    He only does surgery on Wednesdays, but I'm on the call ahead list for any cancellations. The scheduling person told me people cancel all the time, so she can be moved up probably. The vet also said he suspects it's a histiocytoma, but he didn't want to give me any answers without taking a better look. He said worst case is cancer and best case is just a growth that needs to be removed.
    Can you get a picture of it?

Finn had a histiocytoma on his nose a few years ago and then after that he had some weird thing on his gums that might have also been one. Neither vet I took him to for either of them wanted to operate right away, and they both went away by themselves. The one on his gums was especially troubling to me because it was swelling around his teeth but the vet said he probably just hurt his gums by chewing on something sharp and then kept bothering it because of how his upper tooth was hitting the spot all the time. They both resolved by themselves though even though it took a few months or so both times.
  6. Senior Member
    Awwwww I hope its not cancer!!!!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can you get a picture of it?

Finn had a histiocytoma on his nose a few years ago and then after that he had some weird thing on his gums that might have also been one. Neither vet I took him to for either of them wanted to operate right away, and they both went away by themselves. The one on his gums was especially troubling to me because it was swelling around his teeth but the vet said he probably just hurt his gums by chewing on something sharp and then kept bothering it because of how his upper tooth was hitting the spot all the time. They both resolved by themselves though even though it took a few months or so both times.
    I'll try to get a picture. The vet didn't say anything about it going away on its own. He was also concerned with it causing a build-up of bacteria between her tooth and the mass, which could cause infection.

8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

Not sure how well you can see it.

9. Senior Member
    Ok yeah that looks very similar to what Finn had on his nose. Not so much like what he had on his gums. I see why they're being aggressive with it but try to calm down Hopefully it's just a histiocytoma.

As far as I'm aware, the histiocytomas usually go away by themselves. When Finn had the one on his nose, my vet flat out refused to remove it because she said it was unnecessary and it would almost certainly go away by itself.
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

and for you and the pup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast