Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Good Vibes Please

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Good Vibes Please

Advertisements
    Our cat is walking really funny. He is 15 this month and last night, he got up and it was almost like he couldn't walk on his feet. He would walk a ways and then sit down or lay down. He doesn't look like he is in pain; but, it is almost like he has no feeling. I'm waiting for the vet to open and see if I can get him in somewhere.

I've kept him locked up during the night; but, I'm scared what they will say with my furry friend. He hasn't been eating well either over the past few weeks. His litter box is normal. I know he can't live forever; but, I don't want him to suffer.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    It's always so hard to see a pet suffer I went through the same thing with my two cats. Sending lots of love
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    No vet will take him in. They are full and don't consider this an emergency.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    So sorry. I just went through this with an older cat about 2 months ago. Is there an emergency vet clinic in your area ? I know they are way pricey but at some point you need to get him seen.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Don't go to an emergency clinic it's going to cost you triple, are any of the clinics willing to take walk-ins if you go in and hang out?? We weren't crazy about it but we would always work the walk-ins into the schedule as we could and vets grumbled a little but didn't mind if it was really something that needed to be addressed.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We have 3 vets in our entire town. I'm checked on a mobile clinic; but, haven't heard back from them.

It sucks we are going out of town overnight and I just can't get a peace of mind right now.

Living in a small town really sucks!!!!
  7. Senior Member
    That's crazy. My town doesn't have many vets, but we were taken in pretty quickly with our cat. I hope kitty feels better soon!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I was able to get him into a mobile vet, sounds weird; but, she was very nice. She said he has arthritis in his hips and his front paw. His blood work is showing him starting kidney failure. His BUN is elevated; but, not extremely bad. She pumped him with some fluid and gave up some cat food that is suppose to help with kidney disease. His potassium was low and she said that might be why he is walking funny. She also prescribed Azodyl for him. She said it might help.

Right now, we are changing his diet, give him potassium, and plenty of fluids. I have a friend coming over to check on him because we are out of town Saturday to Sunday.

I'm worried; but, he did eat well after we got home with the new food and he hasn't touched food in a couple of days.