Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Car harness

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Car harness

Advertisements
    I'm having difficulty keeping my dog restrained in the car. I've tried a couple harnesses that click into the seatbelt thing and they don't work because he knows how to release the seatbelt. The only harness I've seen that doesn't just clip into the seatbelt is the Sleepypod Clickit one, which uses the carseat hooks too. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try that one to see if it works.

He's 75 lbs and no longer fits in a crate that will fit in the car. Anybody with a big dog or an escape artist have any ideas?
  2. Senior Member
    When I worked at a pet store and Jersey made it a law that you had to have your pet strapped in when in the car a lot of people came in looking for a harness of some kind. The link below was the most popular item. You can strap it to the seat belts, the handles above the windows, any other handles/hooks your car may have. My car has hooks in the trunk so I could even strap it to that if I wanted. (I have an SUV so I wouldn't be trapping my dog in the trunk) I have it myself and it works great! I worked at Pet Valu but I've even seen it at Petco

Dog Zipline for Car | Dog Car Restraint
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

What kind of car do you have?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    When I worked at a pet store and Jersey made it a law that you had to have your pet strapped in when in the car a lot of people came in looking for a harness of some kind. The link below was the most popular item. You can strap it to the seat belts, the handles above the windows, any other handles/hooks your car may have. My car has hooks in the trunk so I could even strap it to that if I wanted. (I have an SUV so I wouldn't be trapping my dog in the trunk) I have it myself and it works great! I worked at Pet Valu but I've even seen it at Petco

Dog Zipline for Car | Dog Car Restraint
    Thanks for the tip I'll have to check that out and look in my car for possible anchors. I get nervous because he's so big. I don't want him flying forward in an accident so I think that would only work for him if I could anchor it low. That Kurgo site looks like they have nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    What kind of car do you have?
    I have a Jetta.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    Thanks for the tip I'll have to check that out and look in my car for possible anchors. I get nervous because he's so big. I don't want him flying forward in an accident so I think that would only work for him if I could anchor it low. That Kurgo site looks like they have nice stuff.
    My dog weighs just as much as me, no joke. He's 100 pounds, but he's overweight by 10 cause the grandparents seriously spoil him. But it'll work great with your pooch if it works with mine!