Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Leaving my pup!

1. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Leaving my pup!

Advertisements
    So DB and I are going to Nashville for a bit over a week, leaving tomorrow night. I last left my senior pup for a week back in April, when I went on my cruise. Back then, I had a trusted friend just come to my house to take care of her. But with her bladder control weakening, that was no longer possible. So I found a really lovely woman to care for her in her home via DogVacay. I brought Lucy to her home to meet her and see where she'd be staying, and it's a really great spot. And the woman is very sweet. Plus Lucy will have plenty of other pup friends to play with.

I'm not worried for her -- I'm worried for me! This is the first time I've left her with someone else for so long, and I'm stressing. I know she'll be in good hands and well cared for, but I'm going to miss her SO much. Pretty sure I may cry after I drop her off, too (this is Shark Week for me so that doesn't help AT ALL). I know dogs don't have the same sense of time as we do so I'm not worried about her pining for me. I suppose I'm just the one with separation anxiety!

Anyone else felt this way? How do you deal?!
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Csn the lady face time you a couple times while your there to let you see your baby?

I just left my new dog at the vet today until Monday and it's the worst.

3. Vex
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterQueen View Post
    Csn the lady face time you a couple times while your there to let you see your baby?

I just left my new dog at the vet today until Monday and it's the worst.
    She's going to send me daily emails with pictures/videos, so that will afford me some peace of mind!

4. Senior Member
    When I left my dog I called daily to see how he was. He was left with family so I knew he would be fine, but I missed him like crazy and had to be reassured that he was OK. I even asked my husband if we could go home after only being on vacation for two days just because I missed my baby boy so much. Of course I was told no, but I would have left early just for my pup!
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I'm lucky I leave Lady with my mom, so I call her anytime I have to leave and check on her. My mom LOVES it cause then I check in with her too. The last time it drove me nuts, I may have cried when I dropped her off and picked her up.
  6. Vex
    Blog Entries

I definitely cried some after I left - I made sure to hold out until after I was in my car. I didn't want to make it a huge hairy deal for her and add to any anxiety she may have already been feeling about being in a strange-ish environment. But there were definitely tears. It just feels SO weird to be without her. :/