Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanded our family! IMG Heavy :)

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Expanded our family! IMG Heavy :)

Advertisements
    Last Tuesday we adopted a kitty! Ever since we got Charlie (my dog) from a breeder, I've had guilt about not rescuing. We wanted to adopt a small dog, but after going to all the shelters, animal rescues, and animal controls in the area, we didn't find any dog that we felt we could handle or was a good fit. But there were so many cats. We ended up getting a 2 year old black and white female cat. Animal Control says she's 2, but she's really, really small. I'd guess she's younger than 2. She was a stray, so we don't have a whole lot of info.

Charlie loves her, but the cat can only just about tolerate Charlie. We still don't leave them in the same room unattended. It's just going to take time. Kitty loves people though. Loves to snuggle and hates being alone, even for just a second.

We officially adopted her on Monday last week, but they had to get her spayed on Tuesday. It's been fine, up until yesterday. Where the incision is there is a very large bump. Like the size of a ping pong ball poking out. It's not oozing or bleeding, but I called the Vet and we have an appointment tomorrow after noon to get it checked out.

Fur baby picture time!!!!

Last edited by Abbynormal; 11-02-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Dang auto-correct.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    She's so lovely! Welcome to the world of cat fur on everything
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

She is so pretty love your new little fluff ball. Hope everything is okay with her incision.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    She's so lovely! Welcome to the world of cat fur on everything
    Thanks! Charlie's hair is already everywhere, but now it's double. Worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    She is so pretty love your new little fluff ball. Hope everything is okay with her incision.
    Thanks! I'll update tomorrow.

Also, the cat basically refuses to eat her cat food. We feed her in the second bedroom, to keep Charlie out of the cat food. But, as soon as we open the door to let her out, it's a mad dash to the dog food. Does anyone know if it's bad to just let her eat dog food? I'll ask the vet tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions. I've thought that maybe she just doesn't like the brand we bought, but it's a high end cat food. We asked animal control what they feed the cats there and they said it's just what ever is donated.
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Awwwww. She's so cute!!!
  6. Senior Member
    OMG look how big the puppy is. Don't you hate it.
  7. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    OMG look how big the puppy is. Don't you hate it.
    I know!!!!! It seriously breaks my heart. I had to delete her puppy pictures from my phone because I cried once looking at them. Haha.
  8. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    Also, the cat basically refuses to eat her cat food. We feed her in the second bedroom, to keep Charlie out of the cat food. But, as soon as we open the door to let her out, it's a mad dash to the dog food. Does anyone know if it's bad to just let her eat dog food? I'll ask the vet tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions. I've thought that maybe she just doesn't like the brand we bought, but it's a high end cat food. We asked animal control what they feed the cats there and they said it's just what ever is donated.
    Once in awhile is okay, but I wouldn't make it a regular thing. Dogs and cats have very different nutritional needs, especially taurine, which cats can't produce themselves and is absolutely essential to their health. Dog food doesn't have nearly high enough amounts of it to sub it in for cat food. Keep trying different brands. Is it wet or dry? Kitties generally prefer wet food -- it has much more texture and aroma for them, plus it's way better for them to get that extra moisture. (Not that I'm totally against dry food! It just doesn't have a lot of the benefits of wet, from my own research and experience.)
  9. Senior Member
    Awww sooo sweet!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Once in awhile is okay, but I wouldn't make it a regular thing. Dogs and cats have very different nutritional needs, especially taurine, which cats can't produce themselves and is absolutely essential to their health. Dog food doesn't have nearly high enough amounts of it to sub it in for cat food. Keep trying different brands. Is it wet or dry? Kitties generally prefer wet food -- it has much more texture and aroma for them, plus it's way better for them to get that extra moisture. (Not that I'm totally against dry food! It just doesn't have a lot of the benefits of wet, from my own research and experience.)

She is so pretty!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast