Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte got spayed...

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Charlotte got spayed...

Advertisements
    ...and she just looks so pitiful! I feel so guilty about it, too. The vet tech said to wear the collar for the full 2 weeks until the stitches come out. I don't know if we're going to make it that long. I did some Googling and it seems as long as she'll leave the area alone, she doesn't need it. DH and I don't have another day off until Sunday, so until then, when we can watch her for a full day to make sure she leaves it alone, Charlie is wearing it. Poor baby.

2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Holy moly...large pics! I'll work on that.
  3. Senior Member
    to you and her!
    She's a cutie...poor thing! Hopefully the 2 weeks will go by quick!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

4. Senior Member
    I hate those big stupid collars.. If you go to petsmart, they have blow-up collars that are more like doughnuts around their neck so it doesn't affect their function as bad as the big cones.

My GSD recently had knee surgery and wore the doughnut for almost 3 solid weeks and did much better than the 15 minutes I let her wear the cone. She was frantic with that cone..
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    One of the worst things in the world for medicine is google. I have seen animals, literally, eat through their abdominal walls and start chewing on their intestines because the owners didn't like the cone. The cat died. Keep the cone on.
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    One of the worst things in the world for medicine is google. I have seen animals, literally, eat through their abdominal walls and start chewing on their intestines because the owners didn't like the cone. The cat died. Keep the cone on.

Will do. Also, Charlie threw up one last night, around 12:30am. She just did it again. The vet opens up in 30 minutes.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm sorry that she is sick; but, it is one of the best things.

Our cat got sick from the sleepy medications during his cleaning. After about 8 hours, he was MAD and screaming at us for food. BUT, he is old and really set in his ways.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. Senior Member
    My dog hated the cone. She actually somehow chewed through the one the vet gave us. Hope she heals quickly.
  9. Senior Member
    Lol awwww! Sad animals in collars are so cute.

Clementine didn't mind her collar so much but Finn was afraid of everything in it so we only made him wear it if he was gonna be unsupervised. If he was in the same room as me within my line of sight I took it off.
  10. Senior Member
    Dixie didn't need a cone, she got spayed a couple weeks ago. The tech gave us one, but said if she didn't lick she didn't need it, and dixie didn't lick. She's healed now. I hope charlotte heals quickly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast