Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hair hair lots and lots of hair

1. Regular Member

Nutts Hair hair lots and lots of hair

Advertisements
    I have a beatiful spipnnish fitz/husky mix dog so needless to say she sheds beyond shedding. Any ideas on how to decrease her shedding? I find hair everywhere and anywhere in the house. My son has asthma so I try to vacuum everyday and i have a gate up so she cant get on my furniture but her hair still finds its way in. Any ideas would be great. Since I might have to move soon and some of the places we're looking at have carpet or are smaller so they are not ideal for her and I'd hate having to give her up. She is a part of the family and my twin boys would be heartbroken. Any advice would be wonderful!
  2. Senior Member
    Regular Grooming and brushing every day. We have Golden Retrievers and we get them groomed every two weeks adding on a deshedding package. It has really cut down on the shedding day to day.

Between groomings, we deshed them at home. The furminator is great. There is a cheaper version on Amazon called the MIU Color Shedding tool (Or something like that). It is 12.99 and works just as well as the furminator.
  3. Senior Member
    I use the furminator. I have a black lab/Bloodhound so you think there wouldn't be that much....but there is.
  4. Regular Member
    Thank you! I will look into those. I will also have to get her groomed more often it seems. She short haired but boy does she shed! She is my first real pet so I have lots to learn! First lesson even short hair dogs shed who knew!
  5. Senior Member
    Brushing, lots of vacuuming, regular grooming & a good diet. We do grain free & add fish oil. Uhm... I really want a roomba and an air purifier to see if that helps but I have a Siberian husky so I feel you on the shedding front.
  6. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

7. Senior Member
    One of my dogs sheds a ton so I started using Furmanator shampoo and the Furmanator comb on her and it has really helped! Plus, I vacuum everyday.

8. Senior Member
    Yes I agree, defff grooming as often as possible and brushing. Simon doesbt shed too bad but my goldens were crazy! We had tumbleweeds all over .

When you brush it looks like you can make a new dog out of the hair but its so muh better than finding it in the house.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."