Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: $$ for neighbor to let out dog

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

$$ for neighbor to let out dog

Advertisements
    I'm starting a new job soon and I'll have 2 days per week that I'll work late and so will DH. I can't have the dog at doggy daycare that late without boarding him for the whole night, which I don't want to do. I also don't want to leave him alone and crated that long. He's a high energy breed and it's just sucky IMO for him to have to be like that, especially since when I get home it'll be late and almost time for bed.

So anyway, our next door neighbors have a daughter who I believe is in 8th grade or starting high school. We talk to them a lot, they're very nice people and the girl seems to love our dog. I was thinking of asking the parents if it would be alright for me to ask her to help take care of him on those two days. She would be going into our house in the evening and letting him out to go to the bathroom, feeding him dinner, and letting him run.

I'd like her to be there for at least 2 hours. She can do homework or whatever while he runs around or she can play with him, whatever. I just want him to have some interaction and be able to get out some energy. A full day of daycare is $25 so I was thinking of offering $15/day so $30 for the two days which I'd give her the beginning of the week.

Reasonable? Thoughts? Help
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We used to pay our pet-nanny 15 a day to walk the three dogs, before she became the nanny and was just the pet sitter walker

15 is good.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    That seems fair to me!
  4. Senior Member
    I'd say $15.
  5. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I get paid $15 a day for keeping dogs at my house that I dogsit, that is really good if she's just popping over for every now and then and a couple hours at a time.
  6. Senior Member
    Seems good to me
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cool, thanks guys!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

seems fine to me. I would do it for that