Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer dog activities

1. Senior Member

Summer dog activities

Advertisements
    Okay, with it being 115 out Titan is going a little stir crazy from lack of outside time. Any ideas on how to keep him entertained? I can only play tug of war so many times before I'll go crazy. He doesn't fetch & he doesn't swim.
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Stalking this. It's been +100 here. As soon as Charlie pees outside she's ready to go back in. She has way to much energy to be kept inside.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Lowe's/Home depot. I drop them at the door with DH since only our little has booties. It gives them some mental stimulation and new smells. We live on a dirt road, and I thought they'd be able to walk on it, but nope. Learned that the hardway a few years back
  4. Senior Member
    Dog park at night is what we do when it's crazy hot. But our guys are getting old so lately they've been content soaking up the cold hardwood floor during the day.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We put a kiddy pool in the backyard and the dogs love it! Also having a bowl of water with ice in it, they have fun dipping their paws.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Lowe's/Home depot. I drop them at the door with DH since only our little has booties. It gives them some mental stimulation and new smells. We live on a dirt road, and I thought they'd be able to walk on it, but nope. Learned that the hardway a few years back
    Yeah, I want to get T some booties and some sunglasses. I just haven't yet cause the shoes I want for him are like 60$ or something.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Get a sandcastle pail. Fill it with mostly water, but a tiny bit of low sodium chicken broth. Freeze it. Halfway through, when it is gelatinous, insert toys and treats inside the giant cube. Wait till it freezes. Remove an watch the joy.

Feeder toys are also great.

They do have jackets you can buy that keep dogs cool.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Just so you're aware, only service animals are technically allowed in Lowe's. People bring whatever they want in but the official policy is service animals only.
  9. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Yeah, I want to get T some booties and some sunglasses. I just haven't yet cause the shoes I want for him are like 60$ or something.
    we keep meaning to get them sunglasses. For the functional, protective reason obviously, but they are also hilarious and cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just so you're aware, only service animals are technically allowed in Lowe's. People bring whatever they want in but the official policy is service animals only.
    That's good to know, I actually thought Lowe's allowed them, I'll have to ask DH why but it was something about terminology. Home Depot's door sticker says Service animals only but it seems to be commonly accepted at our local one so we started doing it. Oh, I know. Lowe's sticker says "Service dogs allowed" I think, and most other places say "Service dogs only"...or is that wrong? I'm not sure.

we have forever contemplated getting our one dog labeled as my service dog due to the low blood sugar thing but, for now we're just rebels. Breaking rules makes me so nervous but DH is like "if they ask us to leave, we will" kind of person so I live in fear cause I'm a strict rule follower and he is a strict "If it makes sense or I am asked/told to stop" person. Such conflict
  10. Senior Member
    I was going to suggest a kiddie pool...I'm searching for one now...slightly hard to come by in Germany.
    Oh also last summer my crazy neighbor would get us up at like 5:30 for a dog walk before it got hot, but it was still sort of hot...and at 115 I can't imagine it's much cooler early in the morning.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast