Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upset tummy

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

Upset tummy

Advertisements
    I brought my dad's dog back from OKC today. She got sick and puked on my seat twice. She came home and wont eat anything. I can hear the rumbling and "churning" as she lays by me. Is there something safe I can give her to help ease her stomach??
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    I brought my dad's dog back from OKC today. She got sick and puked on my seat twice. She came home and wont eat anything. I can hear the rumbling and "churning" as she lays by me. Is there something safe I can give her to help ease her stomach??
    Awww poor baby

Have you tried boiled chicken? I know you said she wont eat anything but it helps sometimes. Have you noticed if shes eating grass at all?
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    She has been at my SIL's house all week. As far as I know she has just had the same food that they use. It hasn't bothered her before so I don't know if it is that. I didn't think about boiling chicken.
  4. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Boiled chicken and rice, and if she'll eat it some plain yogurt, the churning is a sign that she may have the runs later.
  5. Senior Member
    Awww!! Maybe its just her nerves, either way i hope some chicken can help settle her tummy.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

-boiled chicken and overcooked rice
    -plain pumpkin puree (the stuff in the can but not pie filling) will help with the runs if she gets them.
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    How long was the drive? Some dogs get carsick (I have a picture of my 4runner after some frat boys got a hold of it - that's my excuse it was actually the dog yakking out the window down the side) and it may take a day for her tummy to get back to normal. I'd keep an eye on her and make sure she's drinking water and try bland stuff like the chicken and rice slowly, you don't want to give her a big bowl for her to yak up. Treat it like a sick kid, a little bit, make sure food stays down then a little more.
  8. Senior Member
    How old of a dog? Young dogs are puppies are more susceptible to car sickness, I recall it has to do with the inner ear not being fully developed in puppies.

But I agree with Chicken and Rice, it is always a go to meal when we have upset tummies, but introduce it gradually, I totally agree about trying her like a sick child.
  9. Senior Member
    I would take her off kibble for 24 hours, and only feed boiled chicken and rice. You can also add a TBS of plain canned pumpkin.

Sometimes, if it gets really bad, we will also give a dose of Pepto Bismol. (Which is safe for dogs, and was originally recommended to us by the vet)
  10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    She just turned 1 if I remember correctly. The drive was about 2 1/2 hours. She is running and playing this morning. I haven't noticed the runs but will be on the lookout. Thank you all for the suggestions and help. I have never dealt with a sick dog before.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast