Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE POST 16! Could use a quick prayer.

1. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

UPDATE POST 16! Could use a quick prayer.

Advertisements
    We're at the emergency vet with Charlie, my golden retriever puppy. She's had a little bit of blood in her stool. Saw it when I got home from work on our walk and called the emergency vet. Gonna get a test for parvo. Over the phone, the vet didn't think it was parvo but recommends getting the test since parvo is so big in Utah.

So here we are. Hopefully, it's not.
    Last edited by Abbynormal; 06-12-2015 at 01:20 AM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sending so many prayers! And hugs too!

My pup "had parvo" (meaning, she had all the symptoms, tested negative multiple times, but the vet decided to treat for it anyways). We took her in at the first signs of lethargy and she was there for about a week so they could monitor her. It's been about 12 years so I don't remember much, but getting them in ASAP can sometimes make all the difference.

Keep us updated.
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

So the parvo test came back negative. The vet was very clear that that could not be the case and they can't guarantee it. She is dehydrated and she feels that is due to the loose (no quite diarrhea) stools. We're going to get some anti-biotics and they are going to put something under her skin to give her fluids at home. It's not a matter of us not giving her enough water. The vet said she could drink all day but if her poo is pretty loose, it's not going to make a difference. If the dehydration doesn't get any better we will re-test for parvo and get her admitted. Vet recommend treating from home for now.
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Poor baby. Sending you and
  5. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by #luci View Post
    Sending so many prayers! And hugs too!

My pup "had parvo" (meaning, she had all the symptoms, tested negative multiple times, but the vet decided to treat for it anyways). We took her in at the first signs of lethargy and she was there for about a week so they could monitor her. It's been about 12 years so I don't remember much, but getting them in ASAP can sometimes make all the difference.

Keep us updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Poor baby. Sending you and
    Thank you I'm so bummed right now and it sucks that something is wrong. I was really hoping for a "you over reacted and she's just fine!" Response from the vet and that's not exactly what we got. It's very confusing and I'm tired and I really don't think I either understand everything or asked enough questions.

We didn't get any answers and that sucks.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    Thank you I'm so bummed right now and it sucks that something is wrong. I was really hoping for a "you over reacted and she's just fine!" Response from the vet and that's not exactly what we got. It's very confusing and I'm tired and I really don't think I either understand everything or asked enough questions.

We didn't get any answers and that sucks.
  7. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

So sorry hon. I hope your puppy feels better soon.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    You often dont get answers because most of the time, we dont know why this happens. Pup got stressed and got diarrhea and got dehydrated, pup ate something int he yard that upset their stomach, they got diarrhea and got dehydrated etc... We usually never find out, but we treat the symptoms and get get better. If the parvo test came back negative, I wouldnt be worried at all. SQ fluids, bland diet for a few days and antibiotics (let me guess, metronidazole?) will make 95% of these pups back to normal within 24 hours.
  9. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    You often dont get answers because most of the time, we dont know why this happens. Pup got stressed and got diarrhea and got dehydrated, pup ate something int he yard that upset their stomach, they got diarrhea and got dehydrated etc... We usually never find out, but we treat the symptoms and get get better. If the parvo test came back negative, I wouldnt be worried at all. SQ fluids, bland diet for a few days and antibiotics (let me guess, metronidazole?) will make 95% of these pups back to normal within 24 hours.
    I'm so happy you replied. They gave her clavamox, enough for a week.

ETA- I'm not sure why they gave us antibiotics to be honest. I mean, I know they gave that to her for the blood in the stool, but how is that suppose to help?
  10. Senior Member
    I hope she gets better soon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast