Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving and pet

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Moving and pet

Advertisements
    I'm in need of advise.

As you guys know, we moved to our new duty station. Now, I'm a bit worried about my 14 year old cat.

He isn't eating much; but, drinking like normal (from the toilet?!?!?). The Vet in both Germany and in Ohio said to give him the canned food to force the fluids as he is older and not drinking as much in flight.

We had to switch the dry food because we messed up and shipped the wrong bag in our baggage. So we have him on a more meat diet along with the canned stuff.

he had to stay with my parents for 5 days because we didn't get our house right away and the TLF didn't have pet friendly.

When should I worry about him? He is acting normal more and more; but, the not eating and just being picky has be a bit worried. Also, is it ok for him to drink from the toilet? He use to once in awhile before we moved to Germany.

Am I just being a worry wart? Should I change him back to his Fat Cat Food from Science Diet or keep him on this Blue Mountain stuff?

Any help I would appreciate!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Cats take a while to adjust into their new home. Give him a week or so.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    I would switch back to his old food and see if his eating picks up.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sounds like my cat when we moved. I would switch him back to his old food and give him treats.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He is perking up a bit today. He was playing a bit and now enjoying looking out the window.

I was able to find his old food and left the new stuff in the bowl and put the old stuff in his treat ball. Trying to make the switch alright.

I hate moving with a pet again.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz