Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help

Advertisements
    So I moved in with my sister and brother in law to help watch my niece and nephew while my husband is in basic. I thought I had long before my female blue heeler went into heat.... I was wrong. My sister has 2 male dogs that are not fixed. All they do is bark at the window when she is outside. I keep them separated when I am home but when I have to go to the store or anything, they let them in the house together. I'm not sure what to do. She is not aggressive but hates when they try to hump her. When I get home, she jumps in my arms just so that she can get away. I'm afraid she might end up snapping at them and hurting them or something and that is not her. Any advise would be so helpful!!!!!!
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    How come none of the dogs (especially yours) are fixed? That's the best, most humane and reliable option.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    First, have you looked into getting her spayed now? Some vets will do it while they are in heat. The other thing you can do is crate her anytime there is the possibility that the male dogs will be able to get to her. While she may want to get away from them now, eventually she is going to want to mate with them.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Well she is my husband's dog. He is wanting to breed her but we don't want to breed her until the 3rd time she goes into heat and this is only the 2nd time. I thought i had a few more months beofre she started as her first heat did not start until she was 9 months old. So its only been 5 months. I'm not sure why my sisters dogs are not fixed. I've asked, and they always say, "we will get them fixed later".
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We keep a diaper on her at all times while she is in the house. My sister and brother in law, tell me that because she has her diaper on that I should just let their dogs hump her because the can't get to her. They want me to let their dogs hump her so that they do not have to listen to their dogs bark and wine. But I say hell no. I'm not going to let any dog hump my baby whether or not she has a diaper on.
  6. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    I will tell you if the males have been around her while she is in heat, unsupervised, she is mostly likely already pregnant. It takes one time.

Very irresponsible of everyone IMO.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you aren't going to get her fixed because you intend to breed her then you are going to need to crate her when she is in heat and not under your constant supervision in order for her to not mate. It doesn't matter if it's your S&BIL's dogs or another dog in the neighborhood, when you make the decision that you're going to keep an animal intact you need to make sure that the animal doesn't mate.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeier View Post
    We keep a diaper on her at all times while she is in the house. My sister and brother in law, tell me that because she has her diaper on that I should just let their dogs hump her because the can't get to her. They want me to let their dogs hump her so that they do not have to listen to their dogs bark and wine. But I say hell no. I'm not going to let any dog hump my baby whether or not she has a diaper on.
    Well, they sound like assholes, but that's pretty irrelevant. You can't do anything about them and their dogs you can only handle the situation for your dog and protect her by keeping her away from them.
  9. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by blmeier View Post
    This is a joke, right? That's the same mentality of "you can't get pregnant if you're on your period". Stupid.

Poor dog .
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know she hasn't mated with the dogs yet. I've taken her to the vet a few times when bi thought that she might have but the vet a sure me she wasnt pregnant. She is crated at night with her dome on so that she does not lick and I have been starting to crate her when I leave. IMO, I was looking for people to criticize my choices with my dog. I was looking for some advise on what to do with the male dogs when I am home. I KNOW that most people won't agree with me and my DH wanting to breed her but it's the choice we have made.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast