Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How can I get her to stop?

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

How can I get her to stop?

Advertisements
    Lady is fixating on the rabbits and birds in the yard, I still haven't found ways to block her ways out so I can't leave her out by her self yet. So she's in pacing and whining and looking out any door window she can for hours on end. I give the firm command to knock it off, I get nothing. I know I need to get rid of some of her energy but I have things that have got to get done so right now I don't have the hour to get her out.

Someone help me, lol this is one thing of hers that drives me nuts, there is only so much whining I can listen to.
  2. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Blinds or curtains on the door/window she's looking out of so she can't see. If she can't see them she can't fixate.
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    If this is a consistent problem she needs the exercise along with mental stimulation training.
  4. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    If this is a consistent problem she needs the exercise along with mental stimulation training.
    It's new, she's always been this way with small animals. Going to guess it's a result of her days from being on the streets. I have a few more applications to knock out and then she and I are both going for a walk, may even take her out in the yard when she's so determined to get to.
  5. Moderator

Why can't you go out in the back yard with her?

We have a fenced in back yard. The dogs love to be out there. Sometimes they want me to play ball with them. Other times, just me being out there, sitting outside makes them happy.

She definitely needs to get some energy out. The more she gets outside, the less likely she is to get in trouble when she is out there.
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Why can't you go out in the back yard with her?

We have a fenced in back yard. The dogs love to be out there. Sometimes they want me to play ball with them. Other times, just me being out there, sitting outside makes them happy.

She definitely needs to get some energy out. The more she gets outside, the less likely she is to get in trouble when she is out there.
    There are two trouble spots that she can get out of, and almost all the job applications I've had are online and the wifi gets spotty out there. I got those done, I'm going to put some food in my face and get a break with her. Probably go for a walk and just explore the area.
  7. Moderator

Did you get stuff to cover those spots? That's the first thing we do when we have a backyard, is go through and cover any spots the dogs could get out of.

She is kind of being set up for failure, if she can't go outside and play, with those spots still open to her.
  8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Did you get stuff to cover those spots? That's the first thing we do when we have a backyard, is go through and cover any spots the dogs could get out of.

She is kind of being set up for failure, if she can't go outside and play, with those spots still open to her.
    We got a walk in, and she is not passed out on the floor and I'm wanting a nap. We also found a new friend down the road who was more than happy to play. I may take hre to the roommate's dad sometime this weekend, there is a puppy there that she can wrestle with too.

Fixing the spots is on my todo list today, I don't own the house we're living in so I had to talk to the person who does and see if there was anything I couldn't do.