Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat and traveling

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

cat and traveling

Advertisements
    Hey...question.

we are pcsing and took leave in route.

our cat has always been a good traveler, but, I'm a bit worried. He isnt going potty in his litter box right and drinking water more then I've noticed before.

He was checked out before the flight and we offered water but he refused. It was a long time in his kennel though and I'm a bit at loss what to do.

im thinking stress but, I don't want him to think anywhere is fine to potty. I used natures mirical to clean around the box just in case. All his blood work was good....ugh. I feel like I'm worried just to worry
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    His bloodwork was normal but did they check his urine? What was his specific gravity?
  3. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Cats are weird about their potty habits, sorry for all the questions now.
    How many litter boxes do you have?
    Has litter changed?
    Where is the litter box(es)?
    Any changes in food?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    All in the normal range. We looked at that before I left for his 10 day. She said it was slightly elevated, but, it wasnt a conceren.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    All in the normal range. We looked at that before I left for his 10 day. She said it was slightly elevated, but, it wasnt a conceren.
    This doesn't make sense. Urine [specific gravity] can never be elevated. It can be low (dilute), and that is certainly a concern, but elevated doesn't happen.

If the urine, CBC, Chem and T4 are all within normal range, the most common culprit is behavior, which happens when cats are stressed. Cats dont like change, so any change- from homes, new or fewer animals, location, number or type of litter box or litter- can all cause inappropriate urination.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Food is the same, litter is a little different, but some of the stuff ftom home mixed with the new. Only one right now because of our traveling. It is new. He eats fancy feast with his fat cat dry food.

We are going to lock him up while gone in the bathrokm to be ssfe.

Ms. V, everything was the same except one thing from his last 3 blood works wnd his urine test in spring was normal. We are here 2 days, then driving to our next pladecfor 7 before we get to our duty station.

hubby says I worry just to worry. Cat is now sleepihg by my feet.
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Food is the same, litter is a little different, but some of the stuff ftom home mixed with the new. Only one right now because of our traveling. It is new. He eats fancy feast with his fat cat dry food.

We are going to lock him up while gone in the bathrokm to be ssfe.

Ms. V, everything was the same except one thing from his last 3 blood works wnd his urine test in spring was normal. We are here 2 days, then driving to our next pladecfor 7 before we get to our duty station.

hubby says I worry just to worry. Cat is now sleepihg by my feet.
    Keep an eye on him, cats are just a pain. I had a professor in school that said "Cats are finiky little shits, change one thing in their life and they go nuts." this was the dr that had 5 office cats too.
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I have no advice or knowledge to share, I just wanted to say safe travels and I hope everything is okay with your kitty.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We have a vet apt next tuesday for our next flight. I just heard a dog in the room next to us too.

This was a stressful move. Just trying to relax. Sorry for the typos...
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    She's going to pee in your suitcase, ignore you for a week, then put a run in your stocking as your running out to an important event. When she finishes that, her revenge will be done and she will get back to normal.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast