Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How to walk your dog in a blizzard!

1. Regular Member

Shocked How to walk your dog in a blizzard!

Advertisements
    So there's a blizzard coming and there's suppose to be a lot of snow. Otis does his doggy business outside in the back yard! He has a patch of fur that's still growing in (He had a flea allergy and loss some fur in the shelter). Is it ok for him to go outside to do his business? Will he be able to? I just want to prepare! I do have a sweater for him to make sure he doesn't get cold but what I really want to know is if it's ok for him to go outside to do his business while there's a blizzard happening?
  2. Senior Member
    What kind of dog is he? Unless he's a dog with severe cold issues, he will be fine being outside for 3 minutes.
    Last edited by villanelle; 01-26-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: dog/god :lol
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If you're really worried you could call your vet and ask, but I agree that he will be fine.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He should be fine and he might even want to stay out and play in the snow! lol My dog is a mini dachshund and has stubby legs so the snow always touches her belly but she LOVES running around and jumping in snow piles.
  5. Senior Member
    He'll be fine. However, my little drama king won't walk in the snow and if I put him in it he cries and holds his feet up so I got him booties, they're a process to get him into the snow while keeping them on his feet but hey it's better than nothing.
  6. Regular Member
    He seems to really like the snow. He was out in the snow that fell last time and went crazy! He's a rotti shepherd mix. I just wanted to make sure it was safe because this will be our first blizzard together
  7. Senior Member

I have two rotties back home (my parents dogs, really, since I'm out of the house), and they LOVE the snow. Tank, our male, actually hates rain and cold, but he likes to play in the snow (although sometimes he still will be a total stuck-up and refuse to go into the cold). And our girl Belle loves playing in water and snow!

If it is very cold outside don't let him stay out, only to go potty. But if it isn't like below zero or something stupid cold then he will be fine!
  8. Senior Member
    My dad would shovel a spot for the dog to go if it was really a lot of snow just so they can smell the scents.
  9. Regular Member
    Otis went outside and he just sunk into the snow! He took a step and immediately came back inside! It was adorable! I walked him in an area where there was less snow and he was able to do his doggy business ^.^