Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: high protein food

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

high protein food

Advertisements
    What are so good but not overly priced higher protein puppy foods?
    The wieners have a big of an issue keeping weight on before we switched them to blue buffalo wild one (the one with a wolf puppy on it lol)
    After I buy this next bag, not too sure we can swing such an expensive bag of food every month. (think its like almost $40 for it, but I have one last $15 off coupon)
    So we might be up to switching them again to another good food thats not as expensive. They will be over 6 months old at that time. The are full blood mini wiener dogs, but shouldn't be over 6-7lbs once they are done growing. Right now we feeing them about 1 cup- 1 1/4 cup a day total.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    And here is some wieners to go with this thread

❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    I use petsmarts authority brand, it's a good food and cheap but idk if they have high protein. Nutro is also supposed to be good
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Taste of the Wild, they carry it at Care A Lot or on Amazon and there's a puppy specific version.
  5. Senior Member
    I use 4health from Tractor Supply Co.

I switch from the salmon and potato to performance formula. Summer loves it.
    you can check out the reviews and ingredients over at dogfoodadvisor(dot)com.
  6. Senior Member
    We use taste of the wild, but it's around the same price as blue buffalo. I get it from amazon so it's usually at least a few dollars cheaper than at the store.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    If you do autoship from Chewy.com, you should get a discount. I have 3 Italian Greyhounds that each eat 1 cup of food twice per day - so I go through 6 cups per day. I get a 28lb bag delivered every 5 weeks and it's about $50 per bag plus shipping (Natural Balance LID Sweet Potato and Chicken). Since you have 2 dogs and they're eating less amounts of food, you should be able to find something more in your price range I'd imagine. I agree, check dogfoodadvisor.com for reviews to start.
    ~Becca~

8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I really don't know why I didn't think to look online for a cheaper price I swear I'm losing my brain.
    Thank ya'll for the links to reviews of food and everything!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I really don't know why I didn't think to look online for a cheaper price I swear I'm losing my brain.
    Thank ya'll for the links to reviews of food and everything!
    I loooove buying their food online I'm weak like a baby and it's a struggle for me to lift huge bags of dog food, amazon just brings it to me and I just have to drag it in the house.
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I actually never started ordering online through Chewy until I moved to Philly. I went to the pet store to pick up food and it was significantly more expensive than what I was paying in Syracuse. Like $15-$20 per bag for the exact same thing. I bought the bag that day and said there's gotta be a better way, I'm not paying this much for the same dog food. And I found it on Chewy and have been having it auto-shipped ever since It's great too because if for some reason I'm running out sooner/later or I'm going out of town or something, I can always change the ship date.
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast