Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Baby Clementine!

  1. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #1

    Baby Clementine!

    Advertisements
    So a weird thing happened. I was driving to work the other day, saw some puppies outside, decided to be late, and now one is sleeping on my lap! Completely irresponsible, I know. I can't believe I did this myself. I mean we've been actively searching for a new puppy since January so it's not like we were unprepared for one, but I didn't expect to bring one home this weekend. I would normally never in a million years bring home a puppy that was advertised in front of a Tractor Supply Co, but I'm going to consider it fate because I can't think of any other reason I would be forced to live in this miserable place. Obviously we were sent here so we could have this puppy.

    So anyway, meet Clementine! She's named after the little girl in the Walking Dead video game. We've had her for about 24 hours now and she's doing great. So far she's super affectionate and very smart. She already knows her name and hasn't had any accidents on the carpet. Finn usually loves other dogs so I expected him to take to her right away, but unfortunately he has no interest so far. He's not being mean to her, I think he's just confused and kind of afraid of her. It seems like he wants to play, but doesn't know how because she's a baby. They were running around today but I think he might have been legitimately trying to get away from her. We'll see!

    And now pictures!






    She's so tiny compared to Finn! He just wanted her toy.




    She likes to sleep with her neck stretched up against things. Last night she fell asleep against my husband's foot, while he was also sleeping. So I woke him up after I took the picture so he could also enjoy how cute she was being.

    But yeah we're super excited about her. She's amazing. I can't wait for Finn to get over himself so they can be bffs. <3
  2. Account Closed
    Yabos's Avatar
    Yabos is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not Texas
    Posts
    12,236
    #2
    UGHHHHHHH SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE


    Lmao that picture of her with Finn. "dafuq is dis?"
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #3
    Awww. I want them both.

    I've been looking for a golden retriever and haven't been lucky yet around here.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,486
    Blog Entries
    5
    #4
    She's so precious!!!!

    Have you had her checked at the vet yet? Because of the circumstances and how you got her I'd get her to a vet as soon as you can and (completely non-professional opinion) I would start her puppy shots all over because sometimes people say they've given shots and haven't. She looks really plump and healthy though!!!


  5. Moderator
    twistertwin's Avatar
    twistertwin is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valdosta, GA
    Posts
    8,577


    #5
    She is like the sweetest puppy ever!!

    I love her name! I had to show my son and tell him her name because I knew he would appreciate it.

    Congratulations on the new addition!
  6. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    She's so precious!!!!

    Have you had her checked at the vet yet? Because of the circumstances and how you got her I'd get her to a vet as soon as you can and (completely non-professional opinion) I would start her puppy shots all over because sometimes people say they've given shots and haven't. She looks really plump and healthy though!!!
    Yep I've already made an appointment for her!

    Regarding how we got her, I know it's super unconventional, but aside from the advertising strategy nothing seemed really weird to me. The breeder was a very nice woman, we went to her house and it looks like they were very well taken care of. She owns both the mom and the dad, the puppies have a pen in the yard outside but she says they were kept indoors the rest of the time. She showed us a bunch of pictures of them from the time they were born and the area never looked dirty or anything. Both parents are AKC registered, I have her papers that need to be mailed in, and she has a health guarantee. I'm still really nervous though because I'll be completely heartbroken if anything is wrong with her.
  7. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,486
    Blog Entries
    5
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yep I've already made an appointment for her!

    Regarding how we got her, I know it's super unconventional, but aside from the advertising strategy nothing seemed really weird to me. The breeder was a very nice woman, we went to her house and it looks like they were very well taken care of. She owns both the mom and the dad, the puppies have a pen in the yard outside but she says they were kept indoors the rest of the time. She showed us a bunch of pictures of them from the time they were born and the area never looked dirty or anything. Both parents are AKC registered, I have her papers that need to be mailed in, and she has a health guarantee. I'm still really nervous though because I'll be completely heartbroken if anything is wrong with her.
    OH! I thought you meant they were those people you see like sitting on the side of the road with puppies in front of tractor supply Because, while there's nothing wrong with getting those puppies, I'm always very about health backgrounds. But if you saw her house and mom and dad and stuff then ! I'm sure she'll check out just fine at the vet!!


  8. Account Closed
    Yabos's Avatar
    Yabos is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not Texas
    Posts
    12,236
    #8
    I am so jealous lmao I want our baby nowwwww
  9. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Awww. I want them both.

    I've been looking for a golden retriever and haven't been lucky yet around here.
    I know, it's weird how difficult they are to find considering they're like the most common breed ever. I can find labs for days and all kinds of small dogs but I've literally been searching for another golden for nearly a year now! Even in surrounding states and my home state. I tried to go through a rescue about six months ago but they were very, very picky.

    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    She is like the sweetest puppy ever!!

    I love her name! I had to show my son and tell him her name because I knew he would appreciate it.

    Congratulations on the new addition!
    Thaaaaaanks! I love that you told him
  10. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    OH! I thought you meant they were those people you see like sitting on the side of the road with puppies in front of tractor supply Because, while there's nothing wrong with getting those puppies, I'm always very about health backgrounds. But if you saw her house and mom and dad and stuff then ! I'm sure she'll check out just fine at the vet!!
    You have the right idea that's exactly what they were doing. But I was working Saturday night so I asked if we could come pick her up the next day, which is how we got to see her house and where the puppies were kept. If she hadn't been cool with that I wouldn't have gone through with it because that seems shady af to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I am so jealous lmao I want our baby nowwwww
    Omg I thought about you when you liked one of her pictures I was like she's gonna be so maaaaad and I may or may not have smiled like the grinch.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •