Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you pay?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

What would you pay?

Advertisements
    So DH and I are going home to TX for Christmas, and since we're flying this year we have to leave Kilo behind Originally we were gonna get some of our friends that live in the barracks to just stay at our apartment so they could take care of him, but they're both Marines and will have work and stuff...so Kilo would really only get let out like 3 times a day. He's gonna be sad enough with us gone so I felt terrible about that.

Anyways, today we went to see the new puppy at the breeder's house. She offered to let him stay there while we're gone. I'm SOOOO happy about that. They've got a good 3 acres for him to run around on, tons of other Great Danes to play with, and the breeder obviously knows how to take care of and handle him. She said that she had no price on it so whatever we felt would be best would be fine for them.

We'll be gone from December 13-30. How much would you pay? She knows we're about to drop $1500 on a new puppy along with just having bought plane tickets, and she knows we're a single military income family. That being said I don't want to underpay her.

Oh, and here's some pictures from our visit today

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I dont know how much you should pay to board your puppy, but I don't think your should BUY a new puppy! There are lots of wonderful dogs who already need homes at local shelters, and they are basically free, and some of them who can't find homes may be killed off. (

Adopt a rescue!!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    I dont know how much you should pay to board your puppy, but I don't think your should BUY a new puppy! There are lots of wonderful dogs who already need homes at local shelters, and they are basically free, and some of them who can't find homes may be killed off. (

Adopt a rescue!!!
    Lol well with the health problems that come with Great Danes we wanted to make sure we could trace their bloodlines to make sure there wasn't any major hereditary problems.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We were thinking like $100 a week? We'd supply her with food and toys.
  5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

To be totally honest, I have no idea what a fair price would be. I will say that my dad was just telling me that their two pups will be staying with their breeder for two weeks while they're out of town in December and she asks for $5 a day per dog. Hope that helps. Cuuuute puppies!

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would go off of local kennel rates. Around here (NY), I would expect around $30/day. I would pay her $400 plus food and toys.

I also agree about rescuing, but I understand you guys have already made up your minds and it's not what you were asking for advice on!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Lol yeah. We've already given her a down payment and signed a contract on the dog sooo the rescue thing is pretty irrelevant now.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i know where i bring my dog its $52 a day....so it comes out to like 350 a week...

but that a pretty fancy dog kennel that i take him to so yeah that might not be normal but i trust them and they love him haha
  9. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

When I doggysit people usually pay between $10-$20 a day per critter when they pay in cash. I could sit down and figure out how many beers a day it figures out to for the ones that pay me in booze if you'd like.

Baby Arrow is ADORABLE.
  10. Senior Member
    I have nothing to contribute except OMG THAT PUPPY IS SO LITTLE AND CUTE
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast