Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bad Dog Mom :(

1. Senior Member

Sad Bad Dog Mom :(

Advertisements
    My baby girl is showing signs of arthritis

She comes from really solid working lines, so I was hoping to not have to deal with this.
    On Sunday we played a pretty intense game of soccer, so I'm hoping she's just over sore from that combined with our sudden fall weather. But the past couple days she has had such a hard time getting on my bed (where she usually sleeps) and going up the stairs (she's walking around fine otherwise).

I meant to start her on glucosamine and chondroitin about a year ago as a preventative, but completely forgot about it
    So, I ordered the supplements today, but it typically takes 2 weeks to show any improvement. And I found a food I might switch her to.

I just feel so bad for her, she is super high energy and athletic.

2. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    My golden has hip dysphasia and I started her on a grain free food (Wellness Core) and added in joint supplements and it has made a HUGE difference.

Hopefully if it is joint related the changes will help.
  3. Senior Member
    My dog does really well on the glucosamine and chondroitin with her arthritis. I just get the stuff at Petsmart. It's the only pill she takes without a fuss LoL!

And you're not a bad dog mom. I agree that the fall weather came up too suddenly and the chill makes a huge difference in how my dog feels. I can't even show her a frisbee anymore because she will ask to play no matter how her old bones feel!