Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not what I was expecting to wake up to

1. Senior Member

Not what I was expecting to wake up to

Advertisements
    I'm sooo grossed out. We gave our new puppy Riley his first heartworm treatment yesterday and now lots of these large spaghetti like worms are coming out of his stool (We gave him Iverhart). From what I'm reading it is unlikely it is heartworm but it's been really disgusting.

Waiting for the vet to open up... Not sure if we now need to give Riley an additional medication for the worms, or if it took care of it all, and if we need to be deworming the cats since Riley had worms. We've kept them separate.... But still. I'm just so amazed at how Riley had absolutely no symptoms but yet could have THAT many worms in him.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by CPANavyWife View Post
    I'm sooo grossed out. We gave our new puppy Riley his first heartworm treatment yesterday and now lots of these large spaghetti like worms are coming out of his stool (We gave him Iverhart). From what I'm reading it is unlikely it is heartworm but it's been really disgusting.

Waiting for the vet to open up... Not sure if we now need to give Riley an additional medication for the worms, or if it took care of it all, and if we need to be deworming the cats since Riley had worms. We've kept them separate.... But still. I'm just so amazed at how Riley had absolutely no symptoms but yet could have THAT many worms in him.
    there is another kind of worm that they poop out if they have it...tapeworm maybe? a coworker was asking me about it yesterday since my dog has heartworm they assumed he must have every kind of worm. i would def go to the vet and get him tested.
  3. Senior Member
    Oh god. The spaghetti worms. I've never actually dealt with them, but I've seen them come out of other dogs. I wouldn't be able to clean it lol. Too disgusting.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh god. The spaghetti worms. I've never actually dealt with them, but I've seen them come out of other dogs. I wouldn't be able to clean it lol. Too disgusting.
    Yeah I couldn't either. I'm glad DH is home to clean it up and collect the stool sample to give to the vet
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  5. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Roundworms. They're so gross. It's incredible HOW many there are and how big they are. Tapeworms are more like rice grains and when they die they get absorbed into the body so you don't really see them. (Or at least that is what I was told)
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh man. After our pup's 2nd round of shots they told me we might see some and thankfully I never did. I felt like a huge creep checking out his poops every time he went but I was so nervous about it.

Poor pup Poor you too!
  7. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Worms are disgusting. It's crazy he didn't have any symptoms! When our cat was a kitten his belly was bulging with worms. He had to have several deworming treatments to get rid of them and it was absolutely gross. Sorry lady, I wouldn't want to wake up to that either. Thank goodness your DH was home to take care of it so you didn't have to!

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Definitely sounds like roundworms, our dog Duke had them as a puppy and I was sooo grossed out lol.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    there is another kind of worm that they poop out if they have it...tapeworm maybe? a coworker was asking me about it yesterday since my dog has heartworm they assumed he must have every kind of worm. i would def go to the vet and get him tested.
    Tapeworms break up into segments when they are pooped out. It looks like grains of rice.

10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Awww! At least he probably feels so much better without all that yuck inside him!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast