Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good vibes for my pup *Updated with emotions and now an image*

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Good vibes for my pup *Updated with emotions and now an image*

Advertisements
    The great Dane that we are perma-sitting is being neutered today. Any good vibes would be appreciated! He was quite nervous and clingey in the waiting room so I felt bad leaving him. I know he'll be fine, I've just never had to do this with my other dogs since they were fixed long before we got them.

Also, anyone have experience with a 120lb+ energetic mess of a dog having surgery that they need to heal from? I'm concerned because he's so active, even just in the house he tosses his toys in the air and runs after them. I'm imaging this would be much easier with a tiny poppet of a dog

Edited to add:

Let me preface this by, I know he's basically the ugliest great dane ever, but if you stare at him long enough he starts to look cute. He had a botched ear cropping (which I'm not a fan of anyway) and he really just...is droopy. But he is a beautiful love muffin and has a great personality. Here is his current drug state:

Last edited by [his] lobster; 09-12-2014 at 11:30 PM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I don't have any advice but good luck to your pup! I am so not looking forward to having to take ours in for that. He's insane so I'm wondering the same thing you are about keeping him calm enough to heal. Poor guys have no idea what they're in for!
  4. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

5. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Thanks for the vibes everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    I don't have any advice but good luck to your pup! I am so not looking forward to having to take ours in for that. He's insane so I'm wondering the same thing you are about keeping him calm enough to heal. Poor guys have no idea what they're in for!
    I know, I feel bad that I can't explain that's its best for him and that he'll feel better soon I'm most worried I think because he's so clumsy, I don't trust his movements because they can be erratic and weird I hope he'll just be very tired from the meds at least for tonight.
  6. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Thanks for the vibes everyone!

I know, I feel bad that I can't explain that's its best for him and that he'll feel better soon I'm most worried I think because he's so clumsy, I don't trust his movements because they can be erratic and weird I hope he'll just be very tired from the meds at least for tonight.
    Just try to remind yourself that plenty of loony clumsy doggies have gone through it and have been just fine. And I've never known a dog to hold a grudge over it, at least not for long
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    Just try to remind yourself that plenty of loony clumsy doggies have gone through it and have been just fine. And I've never known a dog to hold a grudge over it, at least not for long
    Thanks for the reminders! They are helpful positive thoughts I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm at school and I'm getting super ancy for the day to be over so I can pick him up!
  9. Senior Member
    Monitor him the first day to see if he bothers his stitches. Both my dogs actually didn't lick or bother theirs at all (one male and one female) so I only had them wear their cones at night in their crates just to be extra safe since I couldn't monitor them in my sleep. They were both puppies though at the time of surgery, I have no idea if that makes a difference or not but it's something to look out for! I remember them only being calmer the day of, then once the surgery meds wore off they were back to their crazy selves
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    Monitor him the first day to see if he bothers his stitches. Both my dogs actually didn't lick or bother theirs at all (one male and one female) so I only had them wear their cones at night in their crates just to be extra safe since I couldn't monitor them in my sleep. They were both puppies though at the time of surgery, I have no idea if that makes a difference or not but it's something to look out for! I remember them only being calmer the day of, then once the surgery meds wore off they were back to their crazy selves
    I got him a comfy cone because I think he'll be a licker. He licks all over himself all the time

Its going to be interesting keeping him calm. We've got two other dogs and they do lots of running and playing. And he has a new habit of getting in the pool whenever he's outside, so I think I'm going to have to let him only go in the front courtyard for a while.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast