Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg when will it end?!

1. Senior Member

Omg when will it end?!

Advertisements
    I knew huskies shed. I even knew they shed "a lot" but holy crap. How much hair can this dog lose?

Anyone have a husky and know if they ever stop blowing coat or is this just my new normal? Haha. Also any tips on what to do? I could brush this dog for weeks straight and he'd still be losing hair holy crap!
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I feel the same way about my German Shepherd. I vacuum every day. I brush her every day. Some things that will help- HIGH quality food (I feed my dogs Science Diet. My Shepherd gets one called Healthy Advantage- my 2 old guys are on Hills (science Diet) Prescription J/D), Omega 6 fatty acids. - If you are feeding a high quality food, they (in theory) have enough Omega 3s... Omega 6 is what you need to supplement. A good Soap Free Shampoo ( my favorite is Hyliderm made by Sogivet)
    Some people have bad things to say about Science diet..but you will find bad things about every diet. I believe in the science behind their foods and I have a almost 18 year old Golden Retriever who has eaten nothing but Science Diet/Hills food her entire life.
  3. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    We got a furminator brush. Doesn't stop the hairballs rolling through the house daily but helps get large amounts of loose hair off em at once. We have a shepherd husky mix and a shepherd Aussie mix so there's a ton of hair all over haha
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingMyAirman22 View Post
    We got a furminator brush. Doesn't stop the hairballs rolling through the house daily but helps get large amounts of loose hair off em at once. We have a shepherd husky mix and a shepherd Aussie mix so there's a ton of hair all over haha
    We use the Furminator also and it helps a lot. I don't have huskies but one of my dogs (mutt) sheds like crazy all year long.

5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    It isnt even the right season to blow the coat. Don't worry, when they blow their coat, you will know it. This is probably just 'normal' (for a husky) shedding.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    It isnt even the right season to blow the coat. Don't worry, when they blow their coat, you will know it. This is probably just 'normal' (for a husky) shedding.
    - also, x 2 on a furminator or similar product
  7. Senior Member
    Get a good vacuum and a lint roller
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I just assumed because he did NOT shed like this when I first got him. It started about halfway through June and hasn't let up since. Maybe normal shedding + heat? May have to get a furminator to see if that will help at all.
  9. Senior Member
    My grandparents had huskies when I was growing up. I would say this is probably your new normal but try a furminator just in case
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    When I started Danny on fish oil and vitamins, he seemed to slow down in the year-round shedding department. Don't get me wrong, he's half corgi so he always sheds-- but it's the difference between vacuuming every day and 2x's week.

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast