Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: fleas on ferals

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

fleas on ferals

Advertisements
    Gahh!

So we got home from Vegas and the person watching our place had set all our mail next to the cat food dishes. I brought the mail in and bam... Fleas in the house.

Now there are fleas of an unknown amount in the house. But I'm pretty positive the cats have fleas. How do you treat ferals for fleas? We tried to trap them, and caught some but not all. In the almost month we were trapping we only got 6 of the suspected 8.

I just don't know what to do now. We got some stuff to spray in the grass and around in the barn, but it is treating the symptoms and not the cause.

I don't even know where to begin with the house.
  2. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I've found that leaving dishes of antifreeze around generally cuts down on the local flea population.
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I've found that leaving dishes of antifreeze around generally cuts down on the local flea population.
    OMG Milf stop!

Please dont do this, antifreeze is lethal is an animal drinks it.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I asked at pet smart and they said to give the cats chewables but we have to make sure each cat only got one (they don't understand feral) I told him it might help is with our cat over population as well if we just dumped them all in the cat dish. He was not amused
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Unfortunately the only way to get rid fo them is to treat the yard, vaccuum the house, every day, for 2 weeks, and then every other day for 6 more weeks, washing towels, sheets, and pillows. Putting flea medication on every pet (ideally something with a flea killer in it such as fipronil vs selamectin which is only BC for fleas) is also necessary.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We can't catch all of the cats

I did read that adding brewers yeast to their food can help so we might try it. We got stuff to spray the yard and to clean the house, it's hardwood so no carpet.

I hope we didn't get many inside ugh.

We didn't see any on the dogs so I hope maybe we are catching it early. It was reccomended to bomb the house but, we have a recluse problem and I'm worried if we bomb it would take out all the spiders but the recluses so they have no enemies.

Gahh, not what I wanted to deal with today