Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are dog backpacks mean?

1. Senior Member

Are dog backpacks mean?

Advertisements
    I kinda wanna get Finn a backpack, like the harness type with pockets on it so he can carry stuff. Do you think they're mean though? I don't wanna pack it super full or anything, but it would be nice if he could carry his own water bottle and a little collapsible bowl and maybe like my keys or something. Opinions..?
  2. Senior Member

No they're great

They give dogs a job. Which is especially great for the working breeds. And it provides a better workout for a high energy dog.

3. Senior Member
    How big is he? I would think if he is medium sized or bigger it would be ok. I wouldn't suggest it for a small dog though.

I think you should show us pictures

ETA When I say little I mean like a scottie or smaller
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Our little 20lb dog loves hers! We just put some snacks in there for her and maybe one water bottle. I want one for our bigger dog, we just haven't been hiking as much with him yet.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    No they're great

They give dogs a job. Which is especially great for the working breeds. And it provides a better workout for a high energy dog.
    See I thought that, but I still feel like I'm being a jerk lol. Like here dog, carry some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    How big is he? I would think if he is medium sized or bigger it would be ok. I wouldn't suggest it for a small dog though.

I think you should show us pictures

ETA When I say little I mean like a scottie or smaller
    Oh no he's a golden retriever, he's almost 70 pounds. Here he is in my refrigerator for scale.
  6. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    We put a backpack on one of ours to help tire her out when we go hiking, we never fill it to full but a few water bottles and our keys and stuff. She does great with it.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hell, I have a harness and yoke for my two maltese! last year I had them pull our car out of a snow ditch! they loved it. made them feel useful for once.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Regular Member
    My sister has an 8-ish month old Weimaraner/Whippet that has a backpack. Just a regular harness or collar and leash walk is not enough to tire her out, and they go for 3 mile walks minimum. Definitely a good thing for some dogs.
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
  9. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Definitely not mean The vast majority of dogs are bred as working dogs and if your dog is a "working dog" breed, they should LOVE having a "job" do to

be cool.
  10. Senior Member
    I like it, but read about how much weight to put in it and make sure the weight is equally balanced on each side. You just have to make sure you do it right or you can hurt them. Sherlock wears one sometimes.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast