Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Poor Kitten!

1. Senior Member

My Poor Kitten!

Advertisements
    Bella got fixed today. She is one unhappy kitty! I am kind of upset because when I picked her up she was covered in her own urine (as well as her carrier). I rinsed her off the best I could, but she was NOT having anything to do with the water (and I didnt want to get her incision area too wet).

for her to have a quick recovery! She is so out of it!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Awww, poor Bella. I would be upset about picking her up like that as well. I hope her recovery is quick and uneventful. And thank you for being a responsible momma to her!
  3. Senior Member
    Aww! Poor thing. I would be upset too if I picked her up covered in urine. Maybe try some baby wipes? Hopefully she bounces back soon. Surgery is a little rougher on the females but they usually bounce right back after the anesthesia wears off. Try keeping her in a low key, dark area for her to recover for a few hours. Thank you for spaying your kitty!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Awww, poor Bella. I would be upset about picking her up like that as well. I hope her recovery is quick and uneventful. And thank you for being a responsible momma to her!
    I just didnt understand because her entire back half of her body was wet. Im just glad shes home and I can love on her.

I told my gma I should be called the ball crusher from now on I have gotten both my dogs (male) fixed and the dog Im watching (with permission and also a male). While my kitty's are girls, I just got Bella fixed and will get my gmas cat fixed for her when I visit home.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissred View Post
    Aww! Poor thing. I would be upset too if I picked her up covered in urine. Maybe try some baby wipes? Hopefully she bounces back soon. Surgery is a little rougher on the females but they usually bounce right back after the anesthesia wears off. Try keeping her in a low key, dark area for her to recover for a few hours. Thank you for spaying your kitty!
    Thats a good idea! Ill have to try that!

I have her next to me in her carrier right now. (They suggested keeping her in it for tonight.) But I let her come out every so often and just love on her. She keeps reaching her paw though the front of the carrier and resting it on me
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Aww poor kitty. Ours was like that too. We used wipes and just chilled with her for a while in one room with the lights off.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post

I have her next to me in her carrier right now. (They suggested keeping her in it for tonight.) But I let her come out every so often and just love on her. She keeps reaching her paw though the front of the carrier and resting it on me
    We just let ours out and kept her in our room with the door closed. She was pretty drugged up so she just stayed by us and slept.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Baby wipes are great for pets. My kitties both have super long fur so occasionally they poo on themselves a bit and I get it off with a baby wipe

I hope your baby feel better soon!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post

If she is still out of it and just wants to snuggle she can definitely be out with you. They just don't want her ripping a stitch (or glue) if she's too active. I would keep her in a slightly larger area like a bathroom or something if she is there overnight. She will need a place to go potty away from where she is staying so she doesn't get an infection in her incision.... but she will also need to be contained so she can't accidentally hurt herself!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    Aww poor kitty. Ours was like that too. We used wipes and just chilled with her for a while in one room with the lights off.
    I was thinking about putting her in one of the spare rooms!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Baby wipes are great for pets. My kitties both have super long fur so occasionally they poo on themselves a bit and I get it off with a baby wipe

I hope your baby feel better soon!
    I dont know why I never thought of baby wipes I definitely need them with this bunch, though!

I think she will make a quick recovery At least Im hoping! She and I appreciate all the well wishes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast