Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: -update - Bella has a mast cell tumor

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

-update - Bella has a mast cell tumor

Advertisements
    I came home from my trip and Bella has a pimple on her face! I don't think it's painful for her, but she's very stoic so sometimes it's hard to tell if she's in pain or not.

Online it says that they can be treated with benzoyl peroxide cleaner ... but has anyone else had to deal with dog pimples, did you just use an OTC cleaner (or one of your own)?

She's being shy from the camera but you can see it in this picture, it's just below her right "eyebrow."

Last edited by Tojai; 07-14-2014 at 08:41 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    My dog had something that looked like that (I think? Hard to tell) on his nose for a little bit. It took a few months but it went away by itself.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I know the picture's bad, I got a better one:

That'd be great if it goes away on its own! I didn't know they could last for months but if that's normal I won't worry too much about it ... DH says she's had it for a couple of weeks now.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I know the picture's bad, I got a better one:

That'd be great if it goes away on its own! I didn't know they could last for months but if that's normal I won't worry too much about it ... DH says she's had it for a couple of weeks now.
    That looks exactly like what Finn had. The vet said it's almost definitely a histiocytoma and she recommended that I not bother having it removed or anything, she just kept an eye on it for a bit to make sure there were no weird changes. It took a little bit but it went away completely and I never did anything to treat it. She said I could put neosporin on if I wanted to, but every time I tried he licked it off anyway so meh.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That looks exactly like what Finn had. The vet said it's almost definitely a histiocytoma and she recommended that I not bother having it removed or anything, she just kept an eye on it for a bit to make sure there were no weird changes. It took a little bit but it went away completely and I never did anything to treat it. She said I could put neosporin on if I wanted to, but every time I tried he licked it off anyway so meh.
    Bailey had this on her paw and it looked like the pimple that Bella has. It didn't seem to really bother her and the vet didn't seem super concerned since it hadn't grown. It went away in a few weeks.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

histiocytoma
    Oh thank you for sharing that, it's nice having something to research. I'm going to keep an eye on it and just make sure it's not changing or causing more discomfort.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    It looks like a cyst over a pimple. Dogs dont get 'pimples' per se, and when they do, its actually a skin infection, not a 'pimple' as we know them. Dont touch it, or it may get infected. Sadly, cysts dont tend to go away ever, they tend to just sit there, irritatingly.
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    AND BY VET YOU MEAN ME CUZ IM BALLER
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    AND BY VET YOU MEAN ME CUZ IM BALLER
    LOL you and then his actual vet who sees him in an office.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think Bella's spot is getting worse. It seems bigger and redder than it was before:

She also some kind of cut under her other eye that I'm not happy about either, not sure how it happened but it's worrying me. I called the vet and they want to see her on Saturday.

(Her eye is not swollen shut, she's just winking in that picture)

I hope she's going to be okay.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast