Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Am I a crazy cat lady?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 86.67%
  • No

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to be married and be a crazy cat lady?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Is it possible to be married and be a crazy cat lady?

Advertisements
    My husband thinks I'm becoming a crazy cat lady
    over 90% of my facebook post are of or about my cat lately. And yes, I only have one cat.
    A beautiful torti She's the best though, she really is.

I got her back in February when I was struggling to take being stationed on separate coats from my husband and she was four months old. now shes almost 9 months old and well shes incredible. So soft!

My heart wants a baby right now, but neither me nor my husband is ready to give up "our freedom" (we're 21 and 23) yet.
    and my little Sandi fills that "baby void" so that my heart doesnt trump my brain and say its baby time

So I ask you, is it possible to be a crazy cat lady, with one cat, and be married?
  2. Senior Member
    I have way too much interest in my cat! We just get each other And Im married too!

Ironically, one of my nicknames is Kat, so growing up I really disliked cats because everyone thought they were super original and always gave me cat cards and the like. Now that that has stopped, I love me kitty so much
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Most of my cell phone pics are of my cat & my facebook posts are of her too. I've a mixed balinese cat & I love her insanely much. My husband knows that I spoil her, so he does all the disciplining. You only have one cat, nowhere near crazy cat lady status yet!
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  4. By the power of Greyskull...
    By the power of Greyskull...
    I didn't answer- yes, I think it's possible to be a crazy cat lady while married. However, you don't sound like a crazy cat lady.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    I have way too much interest in my cat! We just get each other And Im married too!

Ironically, one of my nicknames is Kat, so growing up I really disliked cats because everyone thought they were super original and always gave me cat cards and the like. Now that that has stopped, I love me kitty so much
    I was allergic growing up, but seem to have outgrown my allergy and Im very thankful. I love dogs too but I cant imagine life without my little girl.
    even if she does make a mess and make it impossible for me to leave any kind of paper out anywhere.
  6. Senior Member
    I'm married and I'm a crazy dog lady.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yes
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. Regular Member
    Oh my word, that picture of all the cats coming in the door. That's stellar.
    Yes, it's possible. I know a married couple that has 7 cats between them. I think they're both nuts but that's probably because I'm a dog person.
  10. Senior Member
    Umm yes

I am taking my crazy cat lady self to a whole new level and breeding & showing my breed

I travel throughout the West showing my cats with kids and husband in tow. This isn't my husbands hobby but he supports me in it and knows that over the years we will be spending thousands on them. I haven't had our first litter yet and we've already spent almost $4k in one year for the cats. My show cats even have professional photographs of them like you'd see on the CFA website

We have three cats now and DH already knows I plan on getting three more within the next year or two

BTW most cat breeders I know are married too and they have many more cats than I do (ie, 12+ resident cats and up to 10 kittens at a time). The wife usually runs it and the husband supports it
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast