Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Reptile Pet Sitters in Yuma?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Reptile Pet Sitters in Yuma?

Advertisements
    Hello! I'm moving to Yuma, AZ around July 25th (preferrably a week or so before the 25th) and my husband and I are planning to visit our home state around that time, or possibly at the end of August instead. We have 2 bearded dragons and a gecko that would need pet sitting during this time...And I really don't trust the ads for pet sitters who mostly deal with dogs and cats. I'm wondering if anyone who lives in the Yuma area either knows a reptile pet sitter or can even watch them yourself for a week? I know it's early to ask but I'm just hoping to find some potential sitters that I can contact when the time comes.

You can either visit our house and feed them/clean cages or I can transport their tanks to your place for easier watching. They don't have big enclosures, just 1 20 gallon tank, 1 ten gallon tank, and I'm working on getting a 40 gallon for my biggest beardie. So about the size of the average fish tank. You'd have to be comfortable with feeding them dubia roaches or Superworms and cleaning up their poop. My beardies are extremely tame and have never bitten anyone, and won't unless you pick them up by their tails! Since this would be for a week or possibly longer, I'd pay pretty handsomely. I know there's not a lot of people comfortable with pet sitting lizards, so yeah...

If you or someone you know would be up to the task, please let me know! These are my babies and I need someone I can trust who'll take good care of them while I'm gone.

This is Damien (a girl!)

And this is Baby (we think it's a girl )
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If I lived anywhere near there I would I love bearded dragons.
  3. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Whoa. They're so cool! I'll message my friend that lives in Yuma and ask her if she knows anyone. She doesn't have reptiles of her own but maybe her friends and family do or know someone reputable.
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Just as a suggestion, if you don't find anyone here or through here, you could try calling around to vets there that treat exotics and see if they have any leads. I bet you are not the first person who has needed someone to watch their exotics!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Does care.com still have their free offer to military families? If so, they have pet sitters on their listings so it would be a good place to start looking - they are pretty specific about the types of animals they have experience with, etc.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    That's a really cool website! I had no idea it existed. Thanks so much!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damieboo View Post
    That's a really cool website! I had no idea it existed. Thanks so much!
    - I know what it's like to look for someone to take care of your pets - especially when it's not the typical cat or dog. We have horses, fish (not the ol' "just toss some flakes in there" kind of tanks, either, lol), had ducks and now have chickens -- in addition to our small herd of dogs and cats