Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Poor Lucy *update post 5*

1. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Poor Lucy *update post 5*

Advertisements

To the vet we go again. I noticed her digging at her back paw last week, but she wasn't limping or treating it any differently. I checked it, didn't feel anything and she didn't act like it hurt when I was messing with it. She was still biting it, DH checked. Still acted fine.

I just looked out my back door and she was/is running on 3 legs holding that one up . (Of course, it's not hindering her from running around and barking still . She's walking on all 4 legs in the house and weight bearing in the house. I felt when I brought her in and now it feels like a little bump on top of her paw, but she still didn't really act like it's sore when I touched it.

She's got a vet appointment tomorrow at 4:15 and I'm hoping it's nothing major. I'm guessing/hoping she just tweeked it or something rough housing with Apollo and it's an easy fix. She just hasn't really acted like it HURT until today

Ps, please excuse my horrible grammar in this post. I'm too lazy to fix it.
    Last edited by *Bazinga*; 03-11-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

2. Senior Member
    aw, poor thing.

Hopefully she's just being a faker like my dogs do. Really, Lexi fake hops on 3 legs when she's mad at me. I've taken her to the vet for it and they say "nope, nothing wrong with her." So they gave me doggy pain pills to give her...which I do with peanut butter.
  3. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    aw, poor thing.

Hopefully she's just being a faker like my dogs do. Really, Lexi fake hops on 3 legs when she's mad at me. I've taken her to the vet for it and they say "nope, nothing wrong with her." So they gave me doggy pain pills to give her...which I do with peanut butter.
    I don't think she's faking it. DH and I almost took her to the emergency vet last night because she wasn't weight bearing at all (even in the house) and she snapped at DH (first time EVER) when he was feeling her paw. Total knee jerk reaction from her when he apparently hit her sore spot just right . Right as we were leaving, she started weight bearing again, and was acting fine (aside from holding her paw up or letting us know it hurt when we touched it) so we decided to wait till her appointment today.

I did call the vet at 8:00 as soon as they opened and got her an appointment this morning instead of this evening, so we go in an hour. I feel awful I didn't know she was in that much pain till she was walking on 3 legs. She looks so pitiful

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    How did the visit go!!! Hope it was good news for Lucy!!!
  5. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Well, for the first time ever, I suggested they muzzle her since she snapped at DH last night when he was messing with it...apparently that was a good call. She was shaking from pain and stress; I felt so bad for her

They shaved her paw; looks like she had cut it (vet is thinking on ice or a big snow chunk) and she kept aggrevating it and irritating it until it got infected. We've got an antibiotic wash to use on it twice a day and an ointment to put on it twice a day...now the trick is to keep her from licking it. I think I'm going to have to call and get a cone of shame for her....she keeps getting the socks off. I've used 3 different tapes and she has them all off in no time

Banned
    Glad it can be cleared up. Poor Lucy and the cone of shame
  7. Senior Member
    at least it's a seemingly "easy" treatment!
  8. Senior Member
    If you can't get a cone, but need to keep her from licking, you can try putting a t-shirt on her and attaching the sock to the t-shirt.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    Well, for the first time ever, I suggested they muzzle her since she snapped at DH last night when he was messing with it...apparently that was a good call. She was shaking from pain and stress; I felt so bad for her

They shaved her paw; looks like she had cut it (vet is thinking on ice or a big snow chunk) and she kept aggrevating it and irritating it until it got infected. We've got an antibiotic wash to use on it twice a day and an ointment to put on it twice a day...now the trick is to keep her from licking it. I think I'm going to have to call and get a cone of shame for her....she keeps getting the socks off. I've used 3 different tapes and she has them all off in no time
    Poor Lucy I know how hard it is to keep a wrap on...my dog just got over a lick granuloma and the hardest part was definitely keeping him from licking it. I wrapped it with a breathable disposable ace-type bandage and then wrapped completely in clear 3M tape. I think you can get it all at CVS, although I'm sure you've probably tried all that I tried the cone of shame, but I couldn't leave him in it when I went to work in fear of him getting stuck somewhere or something alone. Anyway, good luck! Hopefully she heals super fast!

ETA: I tried a lot of different wraps, but I think taping all around helped, because it took him longer to actually get through the tape before he made it to the bandage