Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does every dog do this..?

1. Senior Member

Does every dog do this..?

Advertisements
    Ok this is gonna sound weird but do all dogs rub their face around on carpet like it's a big napkin? My grandparents' dogs back home have always done it, but Finn didn't start until I brought him there. We didn't have carpet in our old apartment so idk if it's something he would've done anyway or if he learned it from them.

I've been curious but I keep forgetting to ask here!
  2. Senior Member
    My dogs both do it on the carpet (or a towel!) after they get a bathe or after they eat
    I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

no

Our two dogs don't slobber much at all, and definitely don't do that. The dane we're watching slobbers everywhere, and is nosy. He doesn't mean to get slobber on things, it just happens. He does suck on blankets though. When he's stressed/bored/frusterated, he bites his blankets and just sucks in and out
  4. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    My golden does it. And she rolls around on her back when she is in a place with carpet. She loves the feeling on her I guess. At least I tell myself that.
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I'm gonna say yes.

Elliot will rub his face on any fabric though...couch, laundry, carpet, my bed, towels, whatever. He's a face rubber.

Ghost likes the carpet the best but Ive seen him do it to laundry too.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    no

Our two dogs don't slobber much at all, and definitely don't do that. The dane we're watching slobbers everywhere, and is nosy. He doesn't mean to get slobber on things, it just happens. He does suck on blankets though. When he's stressed/bored/frusterated, he bites his blankets and just sucks in and out
    omg that sounds so cute! the slobbery blanket sounds gross but i bet it's adorable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by LACY1020 View Post
    My golden does it. And she rolls around on her back when she is in a place with carpet. She loves the feeling on her I guess. At least I tell myself that.
    mine does that too!! not just on carpet though, on any surface. tile, my bed especially after the linens are freshly washed ("oh hey none of my hair is on this, must fix!"), and outside in the grass. which is the worst cause then he comes in with all kinds of leaves and sticks and garbage stuck to him.
  7. Senior Member
    My dog does it too. On the carpet or on the couch. Usually after he gets a little peanut butter or right after he eats.
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    omg that sounds so cute! the slobbery blanket sounds gross but i bet it's adorable to watch.
    It is super cute. I feel bad he's stressed, but it's quite entertaining DH saw it tonight for the first time cause he was TDY and he's like "What the heck is he doing?!" and I was like "Oh yea, that's just his stress thing." Our other dog masturbates himself when he's stressed...that is not cute to watch
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    It is super cute. I feel bad he's stressed, but it's quite entertaining DH saw it tonight for the first time cause he was TDY and he's like "What the heck is he doing?!" and I was like "Oh yea, that's just his stress thing." Our other dog masturbates himself when he's stressed...that is not cute to watch
    D: well that escalated. i'm eternally grateful my dog isn't a pervert.
  10. Senior Member
    Yeah my chihuahua rubs his nose then rolls to rubbing his whole body around on the ground. He also uses his paw to rub his eye like a sleepy little kid multiple times a day and it is so cute
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast