Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Shedding is driving me crazyyyy

  1. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #1

    Shedding is driving me crazyyyy

    Advertisements
    Ghost sheds a LOT.
    We brush him every day and he just sheds all over anyway.
    It's killing me. I'm always covered in dog fur. It's in my couch, my carpet, my bed, my hair. It's EVERYWHERE.

    I'm thinking about going to buy a furminator tonight because I've heard positive things about them, but any other tips? I vacuumed my couch off this morning and 20 minutes later it was all covered in Ghostly fur again. I'm just so exhausted with it. I don't want to have a baby in 6 months and bring it home to living room furniture that could be part of a petting zoo. Halp me


  2. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #2
    My sister swears by the furminator. I've been thinking of getting one too, as my cats have crazy long hair and shed constantly.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. In vino veritas
    Dr.VinoVet's Avatar
    Dr.VinoVet is offline
    In vino veritas
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14,852
    #3
    The furminator is the most amazing thing that ever was. However, be careful shaving around the hock (ankle) as they have been known to slice right through the achillies tendon.
  4. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #4
    finn has a furminator. i don't use it all that often because i'd rather just vacuum than wrestle with him, but the amount of hair it gets off him is insaaaane. i use a slicker brush first and then go over him with the furminator.

    but yeah be careful. i've never hurt him with it but the first time i used it i did get a little overzealous (because it is so impressive and kind of fun) and i ruined some of his hair on his back. it grew back just fine but he was a little wirey for a little while.
  5. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #5
    We have a furminator for our long haired cats. Best invention ever.
  6. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    The furminator is the most amazing thing that ever was. However, be careful shaving around the hock (ankle) as they have been known to slice right through the achillies tendon.
    Holy shit! Thank you for telling me. I will just not do his ankle area at all, because I would be so paranoid the whole time, knowing that. Better safe than sorry!

    As long as I get his body, most of the problem should be resolved. Even a slight improvement is better than the situation I'm in now


  7. Senior Member
    Candice.'s Avatar
    Candice. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Both back at home, Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    5,645
    #7
    They also have fulminator shampoo and conditioner that you leave on for a few minutes that pulls even more hair out.
  8. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    finn has a furminator. i don't use it all that often because i'd rather just vacuum than wrestle with him, but the amount of hair it gets off him is insaaaane. i use a slicker brush first and then go over him with the furminator.

    but yeah be careful. i've never hurt him with it but the first time i used it i did get a little overzealous (because it is so impressive and kind of fun) and i ruined some of his hair on his back. it grew back just fine but he was a little wirey for a little while.

    oh and if you do buy one, look on amazon. they're usually super expensive but i got his for i think like $27.
    Yeah, I checked Petsmart, said fuck that, and now I'm checking Amazon

    I'm going to have to use teamwork with DH. One of us can hold him and the other can furminate. We will give Elliot a cookie to keep him from nosing in. I'm getting all excited!


  9. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    Yeah, I checked Petsmart, said fuck that, and now I'm checking Amazon

    I'm going to have to use teamwork with DH. One of us can hold him and the other can furminate. We will give Elliot a cookie to keep him from nosing in. I'm getting all excited!
    I edited my post, I looked on amazon and a lot of the reviews are saying they're selling counterfeits from China. Mine is authentic as far as I can tell and it works and I haven't had any problems with it, but be careful if you go that route.
  10. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #10
    It's only a $4 difference between Amazon and the Pet Sense here, so I'll probably go through Pet Sense. Saves me the shipping cost, so I'll probably make out better there anyway.

    ETA: Well, according to the guy who answered the phone at Petsense anyway...the website shows they don't sell them at all. I might just pony up my money to Petsmart at this point


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •