Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I don't know who is more traumatized.......

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I don't know who is more traumatized.......

Advertisements
    Well, that was interesting -- and only funny now that all involved are out of danger -------

Came home tonight and, as usual, Sheldon was all over me - following me everywhere, getting his "mommy fix" . We had made the circuit of the kitchen, the bedroom, and out to the living room where I realized I needed to feed the fish. I started at DD's tank and Sheldon hopped up on the kitty condo that we have next to the tank so the cats can watch the fish. It was all going swimmingly, I'd dropped in a bit of flake and was opening up the pellet when it happened - out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash and, before I could do anything, Sheldon made the leap. He *thought* he was going to jump on top of the tank ( something we've been working on with him NOT to do), but didn't realize that the lid was open. Next thing I know the entire front half of my sweet boy was IN THE TANK
    So, there I was, trying to get a hold of one VERY freaked out cat who was desperately trying to get OUT of the water but kept coming up under the back part of the lid because the part that opens is only the front 1/4 - and he was not too keen on the help I was trying to give. I finally got a good hold on his scruff and pulled him up - poor little guy - he was NOT a happy camper.
    In the moment, not amusing at all -- once he was safely out of danger of drowning - kind of funny (that funny that comes from total relief) looking at one half wet/half dry, ALL pissed and embarrassed cat. I'm not sure if the cat or the fish were more traumatized by the whole event -- but I'd venture to guess he won't be jumping on top of any of the tanks again any time soon......
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is it bad that I giggled?

If nothing else, maybe Sheldon will now restrain himself from jumping on the tank! I'm glad he's ok!
  3. Senior Member
    Sounds like something my cat would do.
  4. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

One of my old cats did this when I was about 8 years old. I started yelling for my mom to come in the room because the fish tank was up high and I couldn't reach it. And this cat was all black, huge and about 18 pounds. My poor mom ended up getting scratched badly by the cat who hid under my bed for a good day or so afterwards. She never did that again and lived to be 18 years old.

Hopefully Sheldon learned his lesson.

5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Perhaps he won't be jumping on the tank anymore, even when it's closed?
  6. Senior Member

I think you probably don't have to worry about him jumping on that tank anymore
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'd say it made an impression - he usually spends his entire evening sitting on his little perch at the tank nearest my chair in the living room - last night he didn't even get up there once, stayed safely on the back of my chair doing his best to be a furry hat for me
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Poor Sheldon. I hope he learned his lesson on THAT. Glad he is okay and now you can breathe and giggle a bit about it.

9. Banned
    Banned
    Poor Sheldon. Maybe he'll learn. Probably not though