Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dogs and Nutella

1. Senior Member

Dogs and Nutella

Advertisements
    Vino or anyone with experience!

I just got home from the gym to find Mason (my 60lb 6 month old GSD) with a half eaten jar of Nutella. What do I need to watch for? Do I need to take him to the emergency vet to have his stomach pumped or something?

So far, no vomiting or diarrhea. He ate his breakfast no problem and is currently playing with one of his toys. No panting, increased heart rate, or agitation that I can tell.
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Call a local emergency vet. Chocolate doesn't just cause v and d, but the big part is arrhythmias, especially in an arrythmua prone breed. A local vet will have a table that let's them know if he ate enough to need his stomach pumped. Asap
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Call a local emergency vet. Chocolate doesn't just cause v and d, but the big part is arrhythmias, especially in an arrythmua prone breed. A local vet will have a table that let's them know if he ate enough to need his stomach pumped. Asap
    Ok thanks! I am calling now and will just go ahead and take him up to our vet on my way to clinic. Man this boy is just too smart for his own good!