Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm stuck

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

I'm stuck

Advertisements
    For Lady to go potty we've been using a long line and stake and so far we've tried her collar, she broke 3 of those cause of pulling and what not, switched a harness, and the sizing of them with her is just not working with her, if it fits the neck it doesn't fit the girth and vice versa, even with adjustments. I don't know what else to try for the long line, walking with her isn't an option, it's too cold for me with getting over bronchitis, having to chase her down earlier really set it off.

She's fine on line with supervision, but with it being DB and the roommate I can't always guarantee she'd be supervised, so I need something I'm more comfortable with than that.

I'm just stuck on what to do with her at this point, we don't have a fence area and she's a runner so I have to have her attached to something.
  2. Senior Member

What type of dog is she? It's weird that you can't get a harness to fit well.
    When I was younger, we had one of these - Amazon.com: Boss Pet - Prestige 50ft Skyline Aerial Dog Run: Pet Supplies

3. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    What type of dog is she? It's weird that you can't get a harness to fit well.
    When I was younger, we had one of these - Amazon.com: Boss Pet - Prestige 50ft Skyline Aerial Dog Run: Pet Supplies
    She's a mutt, has a kinda wider girth and small neck. I found another pet store in town other than Petsmart, so I'm going to go see them and see if I can get some help.
  4. Moderator

There isn't anyone else to walk her?

Or can you just take her out quickly, enough for her to potty? I know it sucks doing it in the cold, when you're sick.
  5. Senior Member
    Try a harness that doesn't fit around her neck. I have one for both my dogs that fits just around their front legs and buckles on their back. Sounds like a harness like that could work.
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    There isn't anyone else to walk her?

Or can you just take her out quickly, enough for her to potty? I know it sucks doing it in the cold, when you're sick.
    I'm hard headed with her, she's mine so her care is my responsibility. I want her to be able to go out and do whatever for however long, during the summer and spring she'll want to be able to just chill out outside, and right now that won't be an option.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you seen those lines where they're like up in the air like a clothesline and then have another line that can go back and forth on that? Would something like that help at all? Since it might give her a little more room to run?

I dunno, I know not having a fence is super frustrating though! I hope you can figure something out
  8. Senior Member
    I would recommend looking at the Kong harnesses. You can adjust pretty much every aspect of them to make it fit however you want (the length of it, the width around the neck, and the width around the body). Those harnesses can fit pretty much any dog.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    Have you seen those lines where they're like up in the air like a clothesline and then have another line that can go back and forth on that? Would something like that help at all? Since it might give her a little more room to run?

I dunno, I know not having a fence is super frustrating though! I hope you can figure something out
    Ohhhh I like this idea. Combined with a harness that buckles on the back, it seems like that would be a nice, safe option.
  10. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post

Not having a fence has been one of the few downsides of this place, but we'll figure out something.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast