Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My dog is a dingus

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

My dog is a dingus

Advertisements
    Guess where I was for an hour tonight? The emergency vet because my dog likes to do victory laps after she poops and may have fractured her tail doing said laps. I noticed her tail was kind of limp and funny looking when she came into the house, so I touched it and she yipped. I thought it was better to take her to the vet just in case and sure enough, she definitely hurt it.

The vet said there's nothing they can really do except give her some pain meds and keep her on a low activity schedule for a couple weeks. She's comfortable now and I plan on pinning her in the kitchen while I'm at work tomorrow so she doesn't jump all over everything. I just can't believe she may have fractured her tail. What a goof.

2. Senior Member
    Poor puppy!! Although it is pretty funny lol I could TOTALLY see my pooch doing something like that. We have wood floors and he cant walk on them for the life of him.
  3. Senior Member
    Aww poor thing! I hope her tail heals quickly
  4. Senior Member

Poor thing, how embarrassing

5. verabot89
    verabot89
    I didn't even know what was possible hope puppy is all healed soon!
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

6. Senior Member
    you say she "may" have fractured her tail, did the vet not confirm it with an xray or anything? It could actually just be a case of cold tail! First time it happened to my dog I thought the same thing, that his tail was broken. After some research I was able to save myself a trip to the vet and it healed on its own. It's since happened to BOTH my dogs over the years a couple of times each. Cold tail rights itself with rest, sometimes even within a few days. It happens a lot to dogs who over exert themselves in exercise with running or swimming, which it sounds like your pup might have done!

ETA: also called dead tail, limber tail. I prefer cold tail
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    you say she "may" have fractured her tail, did the vet not confirm it with an xray or anything? It could actually just be a case of cold tail! First time it happened to my dog I thought the same thing, that his tail was broken. After some research I was able to save myself a trip to the vet and it healed on its own. It's since happened to BOTH my dogs over the years a couple of times each. Cold tail rights itself with rest, sometimes even within a few days. It happens a lot to dogs who over exert themselves in exercise with running or swimming, which it sounds like your pup might have done!

ETA: also called dead tail, limber tail. I prefer cold tail
    The vet mentioned that but she didn't think that was the problem. She said she doesn't usually recommend doing xrays because it wouldn't make a difference in the treatment. If the problem persists then the vet will probably want to do some xrays

8. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    HAHA omg that's the cutest thing i've ever heard.
  9. Uh-Lawn-Uh
    Uh-Lawn-Uh
    My dog has several breaks in her tail. Poor thing is soooo crooked. It was like that when we adopted her so I have no idea how it got that way, BUT, when she wags her tail, the top half of it wags at super sonic speeds and makes me laugh. It's so goofy. But it never bothers her or anything, still wags it 24/7, so I'm sure your pup will be back in action in no time. Poor baby. Hope she recovers soon!
  10. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    HAHA omg that's the cutest thing i've ever heard.
    As much as I make fun of her, she is pretty adorable when she does her victory laps. She also hides from the vet by crawling under the chairs and all you can see is her tail poking out. She thinks she's sooo sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by AlannaCodi View Post
    My dog has several breaks in her tail. Poor thing is soooo crooked. It was like that when we adopted her so I have no idea how it got that way, BUT, when she wags her tail, the top half of it wags at super sonic speeds and makes me laugh. It's so goofy. But it never bothers her or anything, still wags it 24/7, so I'm sure your pup will be back in action in no time. Poor baby. Hope she recovers soon!
    She was wagging it a little today which I was glad to see. Her tail is still a bit limp and kind of hangs off her butt like a pony tail