Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dogs getting sick

1. Senior Member

Dogs getting sick

Advertisements
    Since we moved into the new house, both dogs have vomited more frequently than ever before.
    Always bile or foamy bile, never food.
    They're eating the same food, at the same time as before. Their food hasn't been recalled or anything like that. And they don't eat non-dog food.
    My older dog frequently had "garbage gut" when she was younger (as well as the vet could determine, but we never did figure out the cause) but this is definitely different (much smaller quantity, and no smell)
    Neither is lathargic. Both are eating and drinking well.
    They aren't eating strange plants outside - they're always supervised. They haven't been in coat act either other dogs or animals.
    The only thing I'm wondering about is since this is an older house maybe there's lead or something in the water pipes? I ordered a test kit off Amazon jus to check. But can anyone think of anything else it might be?

2. Senior Member
    My dogs get sick like that if they go a long time without eating and their stomach's get empty.

Is there any particular time of day they get sick? Mine was always in the morning, before I fed them breakfast. If they get active on an empty stomach it'll happen so I feed them as soon as I wake up now.

Just keep a note of the last time they were fed, and if it's not feeding time yet, just throw a small handful of food in their bowls to get something on their stomachs.

It could also be a combination of nerves from being in a new place, I feel like my girl had a couple weeks of occasional bile throw up when we moved up here..
  3. Senior Member

Yeah, that's my understanding of the "usual" cause of this sort of vomit, but it's weird since they're still eating their meals at about the same time.

The puppy has been middle of the night/early morning (3 times in the past month), and the dog usually in the afternoon.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I know it's an older house - but do you know how recently the carpet may have been put in?
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    I know it's an older house - but do you know how recently the carpet may have been put in?
    There is very little carpet in the house (just in the bedroom). I believe it is from 2006 when they remodeled the house.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hmmm.....was thinking maybe chemicals in the carpet, but if there's so little carpet that's out.